Tyre Review time

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Patriotk11, Jun 20, 2024.

1. Patriotk11

Patriotk11 New Member

Hi
    I haven't posted in a while. Mainly because she's been as sweet as but thought I'd share my thoughts of my new tyre.

I have been running a pair of Dunlop sport smart gen2 but the rear tyre finally gave up. Mainly as I do more straight line commuting these days then back roads for fun. The front was still fairly good but I couldn't get another rear tyre the same so had to change. Normally I would buy a matching pair but seems a shame to dump a fine front. So I decided to run a mismatch pair so when the front goes hopefully the rear will need replacing at the same time. I'll probably go for a set of Bridgestone. But for now....

I have replaced the rear for a sports touring Kendal KM1 as I found little information about them but the Kendal description sounded good.

I've scrubbed her in over 50 miles and now starting to push a bit more time after time for another 100 miles and I can say, I'm impressed. They're giving me feedback, which is also giving me confidence with the rear. It looks good too lol. So far so good and just thought that if anyone was sceptical like I was, then I think they are worth the try. Or certainly so far, it's early days but I'm happy I went for it

2. Broadie

Broadie Active Member

Sounds sweet.
    KM is that Kendal Mint !

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Patriotk11

Patriotk11 New Member

Kenda KM1 not Kendal, blooming auto correct

4. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

I had to Google it, I'd never heard of this new tyre manufacturer called Kendal o_O:D

5. Broadie

Broadie Active Member

Joking aside. Very interested to hear how you get on with it long term.
    Thanks for sharing

6. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

always good to have tyre feedback:)

7. Patriotk11

Patriotk11 New Member

A few weeks in and well leant, she's going strong. Very much enjoying this tyre.

Seems absolutely spot on. Amazed it's as good as the leading brands so far at a fraction of the cost