Ummm What Next? I think I'll stick with the Blade

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by AABIKER, Oct 25, 2013.

1. AABIKER

AABIKER Member

Hi,

Do ya all watch bike vids on You Tube? You know, the various shootouts, reviews etc.

I got a new blade earlier this year (had a massive 21 year gap from biking & a short spell on a Street TripleR for a few months at the beginning of the year). Have only managed to do 500 miles on the blade so far & hope there will be some sunny & dry days left before she goes to bed for winter. I absolutely love the blade - it's easy to ride & more than enough power that I will ever use. However, it's nice to have pipe dreams & wonder what my next bike will be in say 2-3 years time. I've always had an itch for a Duke, but never itched it - the Pani & latest 899 look very tempting. Then there's the R1, Aprilla or BMW SS1000 etc, etc. So I go on You Tube & watch various shootouts - 'On Two Wheels' & MCN vids are great to watch. Every time i get near to thinking yeah it has to be a Duke next time - it never quite seems to win a shootout & generally not the best all rounder.

So. After watching loads of vids I come full circle. The Blade is probably the perfect bike for what I want. So don't think I'll be changing any time soon. I want a good road bike foremost as that's where my time is spent.

• Like Like x 1
  2. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

know what you are saying but if you are fancying a different bike a few years down the line , you need to road test them now whilst they are on demo at the dealers.
    i have road tested a ducati hyperstrada 821, aprilia dorsoduro 750,ducati multistrada and a v4 tuono in the last few weeks , i will not pay new prices for them but i know which of the bikes i now fancy when they are a few grand cheaper.

• Like Like x 1