Ventura fitting

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pete H, May 25, 2014.

1. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

Don't want to get the whole kriega/ventura thing going again but as I have been given a huge ventura bag, which will easily fit my kriega bags inside for full waterproofness, I need to know how the brackets are fitted on a 06/07 blade, the picture on the ventura website isn't great and I can't make out if I'm supposed to still have rear pegs or if the r&g tail tidy will foul things up for the brackets, can someone who has it fitted let me know which bolts are used as mounting points please.

Ta.

2. F1reblade

F1reblade Active Member

Can't speak for the 06 but I'm assuming it's the same as the 05. You use the rear passenger foot peg bolt (you can leave the rear pegs on but if you do you'll need a washer on the front bolt to even them up) and then the bolt on the luggage fixing point (those stupid little right angle bits of metal to clip your straps onto).

You'll need to undue the seat unit and move it to get to the bolts on the luggage fixing points.

Hope this helps.

3. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

Cheers mate, but it's a different part number between the 05 and the 06. I'm presuming that I do have to use one of the rear peg holes but it's when I look at the options for where it must go nearer the tail that I'm a bit stumped.