Warrenties

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by djfleming22, Sep 28, 2011.

1. djfleming22

djfleming22 Active Member

I was in the motor trade for about 15 years and noticed some of the deals that car drivers get and that bikers dont get.

Now we are starting to see alot of car manufactures who offer 3 years warranty now offering 5 years warranty even some other ones offering up to 7 years on some models, i also passed a bill board with a new Honda Civic offering 4 years servicing 4 years Roadside Assistance and 0% finance .....do you not think with the price of bikes these days bike manufactures should start offering us deals like this as well....

Considering KIA offers a KIA PICANTO at £7795 with a 7 years warranty and Honda Fireblade at £10795 with a 2 year warranty :lazy:

2. Givover

Givover God Like

Spot on observation Its the same with tyre prices or Brake pad changes .

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

You know what? When you put it that way, the Kia Picanto does seem a good deal.

I'll get me coat

4. djfleming22

djfleming22 Active Member

Its not only the warranty but alot of car manufactures give 4 years free roadside assistance and 4 years servicing as you see above with Honda cars but not with there bikes

5. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

If only mate.. Guaranteed if something is going to go then it will be in the second month out of warranty lol

6. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

The second hand market is a little better, I've got a lifetime MOT and warranty with my bike, the only catch is that you have to service the bike with them every 12 months and their not a main dealer. I'll get to the end of the 1st year then make up my mind as to wether I service the bike with them?

Theres always a catch?

7. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

My daily drive is a hyundai santa fe. Had is just over 5 years and it's be great in all weather. only 1 issue at 4 1/2 years was the CD player they replaced.

Considering bikes are often just a weekend toy, I'm surprised they don't offer longer warranties