waterbased aerosol "SHITE"

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by rollsroyce, Jun 6, 2013.

1. rollsroyce

rollsroyce Member

have just got a waterbased aerosol from a "well known company", and what a load of shite it is, just read the instructions, number 1, you cant use water (obviously" to flat it down 2, you cant leave the panel in the shed/garage overnight after spraying, so that means i have to take the bloody blade apart,otherwise the lacquer might "bloom" and probably the best of all number 3.do not subject the panel to rain for at least 7 days, we live in England for christ sake, what a load of bollocks, and to top it all off the paint is nothing like a match, and it cost a bloody fortune, (£37 for 2 small aerosols) should have gone to Halfords a got a better match, with the good ole cellulose you sprayed it on, lacquered it and away you went,in fact i am totally pissed off, to give the "company" theirs dues, they are "looking into it"

2. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I'm sorry but my eyes scanned this thread title and saw "Waterbed arsehole" :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

me to

and agree water-based is rubbish

4. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Buy solvent based paint,water based aerosols are a bloody gimmick to a consumer.You need infra red or uv heaters to bake it off.It takes 1/2 hr longer to dry.As a consumer you are still allowed to use solvent based paint in aerosols.Halfrauds paint system which is the same as mine is great paint.Bike colours are limited though,but it is the best paint out there for aerosols (Nitrosynthetic)If not source a car paint supplier near you. If the laquer is baked overnight or in warm conditions so it has cured rain shouldn't affect it.Damp conditions will bloom any paintwork even with antibloom thinners.Their 300ml aerosols retail at £14.95 and they cover more than a 500ml off the shelf can.

5. rollsroyce

rollsroyce Member

so my next question is going to be, has anyone sprayed the bottom fairing on a 2004 blade it is grey, oh the colour code quoted is for the black top half of the fairing.

6. montyzac

montyzac New Member

Take it on a sunbed with you, get a tan at the same time..........

I wonder how long it is before everything is water based, the government would say its a viable replacement for the home user already, and I am pretty sure they already dont really want people spraying at home anyway.