We Buy Any Bike . Com

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Fireblade46, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Fireblade46

Fireblade46 New Member

Now I love my racing, following all the usual's on British Eurosport, the only disappointing part for me is that the racing is sponsored by this outfit, offering so called good deals for your bike. Has anyone been on he site?. Oh how I laughed my head off, try putting you details in and get a quote. Mine came out at just over £4K. I strongly suspect they are preying on people desperate for money in these times of austerity. Shame on them !!

• Like Like x 1
  2. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

yeh i tried them when i couldnt shift my 2006 zx-10, they offered me £3200. i dont know if this is true but do they sell them under 543 bikes ? if so then they also sell them a little cheaper than market value aswell

3. Fireblade46

Fireblade46 New Member

Not sure, but it annoys me when people take advantage, tossers !

4. mpitman

mpitman Active Member

I have tried them, they offered me 5.5 k for my 10,000 mile 2010 blade,Farnham Honda said that they would happily match that price! Is that too low then? :confused:

5. Fireblade46

Fireblade46 New Member

Sounds a bit low but on trade maybe not. I've heard they don't always stick to original offer, when you turn up they will go over it and probably offer a lower price, that happened to my daughters boyfriend on We Buy Any Car. I'd take a look on MCN and other websites selling bikes, will give you a better comparison for what yours is worth against similar machines.

6. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

They quote on mint, almost concourse condition, then when they come to collect any little blemish results in an even lower offer... at the end of the day, don't use them unless you're desperate.

They offered £1100 for my old blade... I sold it for twice that a week later.

7. Alblade

Alblade God Like

They fill a need in the market - if you don't need to you use them sell private / ebay / trade - but... for some they are a last resort, a way to get the bike sold and 'some' cash in hand - which may be essential at that exact point i.e. your boiler blows up, its winter and you simply dont have the money for a new one - but you have a bike, who would buy it mid winter? Prob. nobody.

8. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

That's the world we live in, the feeders and the feed on.

9. Kstead

Kstead Active Member

Can't see your issue personally, nothing stopping anyone from saying no thanks, I'll sell elsewhere...

10. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I have not been on their site and would not use them due to hearing poor feedback about them, but as posted no one is forced to use them. It's your choice.

And 5.5 k sounds low to me

11. Gazza13

Gazza13 Member

I think a lot of,people are put off selling private or even eBay. Too many scams about! This is another options I suppose?
    Never used them but got a quote on my 2011 repsol blade with 2000miles on the clock. They offered £6500!

12. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

They are the modern day highway robbers, but in this case you don't have to be robbed ! You just either say no or don't even bother going to them. Lets face it we all know what they will offer.... not a lot. I have no issues selling privately, i have done it for years with cars and bikes and find it easy. I bought my current 954 blade via ebay, as trying to find a mint, low miles one at the dealers was not easy. The ones i did see that said they were mint..... eerrmmm, were not !

13. Fireblade46

Fireblade46 New Member

Fair point, just sounding out as I would not want a member being ripped off as a relative of mine was .....

14. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

Fair enough, i work in a job where i see on a weekly basis people that have been ripped off by con men (and women), there will always be someone who will fall for all the talk and hand over the cash. Thats life.