Wear on the frame

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by Dave V, May 12, 2012.

1. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

My RRA has a black frame, was gutted last night when I noticed my knee has started to wear the paint on the left hand side.

Today I've added some protector to both sides, cut from the Oxford sheeting. I've read Si's fitted some carbon frame covers due to marks, I might also get some.

Has anyone else had his issue?

Si, what are the frame covers like? See gb moto do them, you didn't get your from there, any reason?

2. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

3. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Cheers Rob

4. lee711

lee711 Active Member

I had quite a big sheet of venture shield left over so cut out some pieces to cover the frame in this area to prevent this from happening, doesn't look to bad to be honest but either way its better than having the frame paint rub away and then having to spend more money on frame protectors.

5. Si.

Si. God Like

Mine was starting to mark from my knee/legs. The marks came out, but if it continued to mark, it would be permanent at some stage, and I wasn't taking th chance.

I fitted the frame protectors to keep the frame mint, and opted for ilmberger carbon ones from Germany, but to be honest, the GB Moto stuff is better quality, as the lacquer is harder and the shine's deeper/ blacker. The ilmberger aren't full covers, they are partial, and go upto the weld and only cover he top half of the frame, but to be fair, this is all thats needed.