Weather Forecast

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Givover, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Givover

Givover God Like

This is a subject thats affects us all in some way or another mainly Bikes or work related . What i need to know what has Proved to be the most accurate one .An example i have just taped in a postcode into of the main players BBC Weather and Met-check and each one is differant bbc showing fine /cloudy am and Met-check :confused:showing light rain same time. I have not got a fancy must have app phone jobbie so the main interest for me would be tap into google ect but please comment if you so wish for others using the latest items.And thank you .

2. abv

abv Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. dave d

dave d Elite Member

#3 dave d, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  4. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

Cant gat anymore accurate than the met office app as they are the ones that everyone else gets their info from.

5. Si.

Si. God Like

met office app for me... it's proved very accurate so far Giv.

6. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

I've tried a few different ones over the years and none of them can accurately predict the weather more than two days in advance even then they very often get it wrong! Being a roofer I need the good weather for my job so I've been following it for over thirty years and still wouldn't trust any of them. Just when you find one that you think is accurate they balls it up by getting it completely wrong. I haven't turned out for work before now because they said it would pour with rain only to have a customer on the phone asking why I'm not there as it was bone dry!

7. Movistar

Movistar Active Member

accuweather and metox use an american model to predict the weather so are in fact fairly unreliable, this model also updates every 6 hours which is why you see big changes quite often. The metoffice are the best for short term forecasts and NAE models are good for the next 48 hours - I think the MetOffice use these along with others.

weather model nae - united kingdom - precipitation [base + 3] - weatheronline

you can look at different types of weather - ie cloud and temperature by using the buttons on the left hand side and just above the map you can go through the next 48 hours to see what might happen

Will it Rain Today? | Rain radar for the UK | Going to rain? | MeteoGroup is good for checking out rain - although very light showers do not show up it

#7 Movistar, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  8. y2blade

y2blade Member

9. Movistar

Movistar Active Member

note one of the sources of that sites forecasts is the ECMWF which is one of the euro models I think the metoffice use in helping them forecast ;)

10. y2blade

y2blade Member