Well done to everyone involved in the Biker Down course

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by T.C, Mar 1, 2013.

1. T.C

T.C Elite Member

Well done to Jim Sanderson & Kent Fire and Rescue Service who has been presented with a prestigious Prince Michael International Road Safety Award for its innovative road safety project ‘Biker Down’.

The pioneering motorcycle safety course - launched in August 2011 and delivered out of Ashford Fire Station - was devised by KFRS’s Fire Bike team and was the first of its kind to be delivered by firefighters.

The award was presented to KFRSs Chief Executive Ann Millington and the team at Ashford Fire Station by Karen Cole, Director of Safety for the Motorcycle Industry Association (MCIA). This achievement was officially announced in December at the annual Prince Michael International Road Safety Awards ceremony in London.

MCIA Director of Safety Karen Cole said, “Biker Down is a marvellous initiative which can only help to reduce the number of deaths and serious injuries by helping motorcyclists to assist others in the event of an accident. As a motorcyclist myself, I am delighted to present this award and would like thank everyone involved in this worthwhile scheme on behalf of the motorcycle industry.”

• Like Like x 7
  2. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

Well done Jim and team. I did Biker down at Ashford and the Safety day at Brands. Both excellent .

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Chuffed for Jim and his guys. He's a really nice bloke and deserves all the praise he can be given.

4. djmrmagic

djmrmagic Active Member

Very worthwhile, nice one!
    I am on the March date :)

5. bubba

bubba Member

welldone to jim and everyone involved, sounds a very worthwhile scheme.

6. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

great news and well done