West Wales Info needed.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Remal, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Right people. not really a touring thing. i'm away for the weekend in Sept with a few mates. we have booked a lovely hotel http://www.theharpatletterston.co.uk/index.php

basically there will be me in the kit car, 2 mates taking Lotus S2 and VX220. I know mid wales well but was looking for some recommendations on places to visit but more important good roads to drive

Any suggestions?

2. uncle numpty

uncle numpty Member

not really anywhere tidy down here,very busy roads because of ferry traffic,could try h/west to cardigan over the preselli mountains,or take a spin up to llandovery,bikers cafe in town centre,or coast road to aberystwyth,llangurig,brecon,llandovery,carmarthen,h/west letterston,that would be a nice day out if weather is good.

3. Bart

Bart Active Member

Sorry, can't agree with the very busy roads in Pembrokeshire, yes the A40 gets a bit busy but compared to many parts of England......

The "busy" months are now to the Aug bank holiday so Sept should be good, the loop round from Haverfordwest, St Davids, Fishgaurd, Cardigan is good as is over the Presili Moountains. Newgale beech is well worth a stop for a icecream and Porth Gain is a great place for lunch

Just look at a good map and go for the wiggles.

I live about 3 mile from Letterston.

4. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Ohh if you spot a lue kit car and lotus that's me and my mate. Thanks for the replies and good shout on the ferry, re mod Wales area. We know that part of Wales very good as I'm very often in élan valley area, black mountains and surrounding area. Why I wanted to go far west to find other roads but will look up some suggested tonight :)

5. Bart

Bart Active Member

Just a thought, the farmers round here think nothing of leaving loads of c##p on the roads and some smaller villages have common grazing land so you get sheep, cows, pigs etc wandering around, so blind bends keep us on our toes...

Have fun.

• Like Like x 1