What a Helmet!

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Rob, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Right. Realised that my Arai Chaser is too big for me and I've been wearing it for coming upto 2 years now. The problem I had was that when getting into a tuck position when travelling progressively I kept having to 'push' the helmet up as my sight line was hitting the top of the brow area. Not good.

So I popped into Hein Gericke to get some bike cleaner and the chap kindly let me try on a few lids (didn't go in there to do that but he persuaded me to try stuff on!). The XR1100 had a massively increased visibility area compared to my Chaser. The price was on the high side at £379 so I thought I'd look online at what I could get it for. I found it online for £279 including a free race black visor. Suffice to say I have placed an order :tongue:

Here's a pic I found online, mine should be here in a day or two...

[​IMG]

2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I have just replaced my marushin RS1
    [​IMG]

with a schuberth S1 pro
    [​IMG]

The RS1 is a stunning lid and looks great but the S1 pro is on another level. comfy, very quiet and the pull down visor is excellent. Cost Me £300 from helmet city at the NEC show

I also have/had a Arai GT and RX7 and the S1 pro is better, cheaper and great to wear

The S1 pro gets my vote :happy:

3. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

That schuberth S1 pro looks nice I like that. What's the noise level like on it?

I had a call from the retailer, they sold out of that helmet above but offered me a choice of any other XR1100 for the same price of £279 which I though was quite good of them.

I chose this one:

[​IMG]

4. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Sooo much better than any other lid I have had. so quiet, much less buffeting then I have had with my RS1 and Arai's

5. stylo

stylo Active Member

6. Brym

Brym Active Member

Shoei XR1100 is a great lid got one myself loads of vents that work and a big visor & pinlock to give a much better view than most others.
    Great price that
    My old XR1000 the pinlock insert could get in the way and be annoying at times, no problems with the new 1100.

7. James2011

James2011 Active Member

I had the XR1000 and really liked it, just the designs of the latest Shoei helmets are not as nice (imo) as the Arai selection.

8. stigg

stigg Active Member

Must say I'm more than happy with my new Arai Quantum, don't know i've got it on! Don't know about the noise as I always have earplugs in.