What are you reading?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by gRRandeelion, Oct 4, 2013.

1. gRRandeelion

gRRandeelion Active Member

I know it's not fashionable but I do still love a good book. Just about to start THE SECRET MINISTRY OF AG. & FISH by NOREEN RIOLS.

2. glynn

glynn Member

David Jefferies the official biography. Great book about a motorcycling legend. Makes me wonder if John McGuinness would be as successful at the TT if DJ was still around.

3. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

I have been reading the Deadlocked series by A.R.Wise.
    If you like the whole Zombie horror genre then this is for you.
    Comes in 7 parts, and you can get part 1 free on Amazon for Kindle or Kindle app on iPad.
    The others are not very expensive either.
    I am currently on the final part. However there are two further parts dealing with some back stories for other characters prior to their arrival in the novellas.

4. gRRandeelion

gRRandeelion Active Member

Yes agree glynn DJ was a special man, have read the book, got about 18 biogs. of riders.

5. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Charly Wegelius's autobiography Domestique: The Real-life Ups and Downs of a Tour Pro, if you like pro cycling, its a good insight into a team domestiques life

6. The.kickboxer

The.kickboxer Active Member

Mostly this forum just lately, be honest you all wanted to say it but didn't want to look stupid, I just did.

7. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I'm not a big book reader But did really enjoy The Long Ride Home. I have Nathan the author as a Mate on FB as I was watching his journey when he was doing it.

I read the book in a week and as I said I'm not a big book reader or fast reader so this was very good

http://www.thepostman.org.uk/2012/01/20/2592/

100% worth getting for any biker who always wanted to take a trip of the life time

8. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Not got enough time or patience for reading, but with my job i spend loads of time in my car and have moved on to audio books by running them through the stereo on my iPhone.

Audiobooks so far:-
    The Hunger Games trilogy - having seen the film from the 1st book, the audio books were very good, especially the 1st one.
    Steve Jobs, autobiography - A very good history lesson on my understanding of computers from the early days and how he pursued the technology parallel to Microsoft.
    Richard Branson's, Loosing My Virginity - interesting take on business philosophy from a non conformist view.
    Lee Evans biography - crap.
    Michael McIntyre, biography - a look on a disastrous start to his career and how he persevered to become a household name.
    Michael Cane, from Elephant to Hollywood, biography - just reaching the end of this one, interesting story, but lots of name dropping.

9. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Just re-reading for the umpteenth time the Takeshi Kovacs trilogy by Richard Morgan.