what breakdown recovery?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by raphael, Oct 19, 2014.

1. raphael

raphael Elite Member

i have about a month left on the rac cover i have and on the only occasion i had to use them i was left at the roadside for 8 hours so looking for a good company for bike/car cover.

anyone had any good experience's with any company?

cheers

2. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

I get AA cover with my bank account might be worth checking to see if you get similar with yours otherwise pointless paying out twice

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

Have used the AA for about 15 years now, always been dealt with well and they have dedicated bike vans. Used the European cover once as well and was no hassle getting recovered.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Greco

Greco Active Member

Hey Pete, i have Greenflag for the past few years and they're good. They promise to be with you in an hour otherwise you get a discount on your next policy. Not bad. Have a look if you like

5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I have had RAC for about 10 years, Never used them but the price is so low for me due to this most places can't give me a same cover for less. As i'm covered and not the car/bike i'm in or on i'm happy with what I have So for now would not change

6. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I'm no help, I've been with the rac for over 20 years and have never used them, the reason I stay with them is because if you need recovery the vehicle that picks you up brings you home and I think the AA works on a relay.

7. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

I have RAC cover with my Bennetts insurance at the moment, but in the past I've used AutoAid breakdown which is excellent. It's kind of like breakdown insurance in that if you ever breakdown, you contact them and they arrange recovery. You then pay the recovery agent yourself and claim the cost back from AutoAid later. It's sounds a pain, but it's mostly painless. I got my money back within 7 days. And the good news is that cover for yourself and spouse driving any vehicle (including bikes) is less than £40 a year. It's Martin Lewis's (Money Saving Expert: Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more) recommended breakdown cover. In my case, my chain snapped during a busy weekday evening rush hour, when I was 40 miles from home. Within 45 mins there was a recovery truck on scene and they drove me all the way home and dropped the bike off at my preferred dealer. None of this "drop you off at the nearest garage" crap.

UK Car breakdown recovery insurance the cheap way | AutoAid Breakdown

• Like Like x 1