What do you best enjoy about your bike?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Givover, May 1, 2014.

1. Givover

Givover God Like

image.jpg yup that's it we all like a bit of performance ..but what else really is bikes or biking about?

• Like Like x 1
  2. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Meeting up with mates from far and wide and having a laugh about the days antics later.

The freedom of just being able to get up and away from it all when things are getting tough.

That feeling you get when you hit a set of your favourite bends and come out the end chuckling to yourself.

Those glorious sunny days spent in fantastic scenery, where you can just stop off and sit on the grass and chill.

#2 ColinBR, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
    • Like Like x 8
  3. Black

Black Active Member

This^^^

4. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

I seem to spend more time tinkering and polishing it than riding it sometimes, I quite enjoy it

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

^^ That

Couldn't put it better myself !

• Like Like x 1
  6. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

I enjoy messing with mine and modding it as much as I enjoy riding. It's fully apart every winter I've had it so far.. but on the riding I think Colin has covered it for me :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tom68

Tom68 Active Member

Well that was a thread killer Colin. ;):D

• Like Like x 3
  8. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I enjoy being out and in the open. Exposed to the elements (more sun views and smells than rain). Much like I do in the kit car. The Speed and acceleration. Going out with like minded people

But the best is no traffic and being able to filter and pass slow traffic with ease

9. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I think inside us all we've found a way to be a bit....naughty. It pisses of the normos, gives us a chance to flip the bird at the cagers and sets us slightly apart from everyone else. That's the real reason we nod at each other. We know something nobody else does...

With me, when I was a kid, I was obsessed with wanting to do this...

[​IMG]

...but it soon became obvious I didn't have the bonce for it (or the 20/20 vision they wanted at the time)

The bike became my way of getting as close as possible to how I'd always fancied myself being.

As to what do I enjoy most about my bike, hmmm.... Let me think...

[​IMG]

Plus I like dressing in leather...

• Like Like x 3
  10. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I'm really just in it for the gimp clothing.

• Like Like x 2
  11. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

That and the fact that, as far back as I can remember, I was always envious of the blokes on sport bikes that I saw flashing past the window of the family Volvo 340 as we were doing the latest tour of the Lake District / North York Moors / Yorkshire Dales. I always wanted to be one of them.

Now that I'm actually doing it I love the sensation of freedom. Knowing that traffic jams don't really exist. Cars in the way on single carriageway roads can be despatched with 1.5 seconds of 1/4 throttle.

Most of all though, I love the jealousy. I love the look on the face of the guy driving his Citroen people mover loaded with kids as you fly past him on a sunny Saturday and the assertion from friends that "You'd never get me on one of them things. Bloody dangerous them. It'll all seem like good fun until you cripple yourself. You wouldn't catch me dressing like a power ranger. Looks ridiculous"

All of which amounts to "Wahhhh. I don't have the skill or balls or money to do it. I'd like to but I can't. It's not fair"

Mwuahahahaha!! :D

• Like Like x 7
  12. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

Getting out and about and the freedom from the daily routine.

The feeling of being different to everyone else on the road.

The thrill of the speed of overtakes, and flicking between bends.

The way it looks - I love orange! :)

The banter and comradery with other bikers who perhaps wouldn't otherwise speak if it wasn't for the bikes.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AshBlade

AshBlade Riding Goddess

It reminds me im alive.... :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Escapism. Oh yes and most of the people you meet. Bikers seems to be the opposite of normal people as the majority are ok with just a few wankers.

15. Plake

Plake Active Member

The very first bike I ever lusted after was a black/grey 1992/3ish blade that screamed off down the road as I was doing my CBT on some yam 125. Always swore I'd have one one day. 20 years on I finally got a brand new black Fireblade 20th anniversary. My bike is my dream bike. I like it that after a lot of work and patience one of my dreams came true and this makes me smile whenever I see it.

It being one of the best handling superbikes ever doesn't hurt either.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Givover

Givover God Like

Might as well answer my own thread!
    Getting home after a good run out ,listening to the red hot bike in the garage making all those hot cooling down tapping ticking noises and then reliving what was said and done with great mates :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

The banter, laughs, memories, places I've seen and pals I've met because of bikes makes me truly think I've been lucky all because of a two wheeled machine....

But nothing will ever come close to the excitement you can have either on track or road climbing onto a modern sports bike.... For the money nothing on earth can match a litre sports bike on full chat ;) it's epic.

When I'm on the bike I totally escape from life's pressures and to date, I've never found anything else that can do that :)

• Like Like x 6
  18. Juggler87

Juggler87 New Member

Aside from the thrill, heart in mouth moments when you feel truely alive, it's really rather practical. I make back the time of getting dressed and undressed on the way to work with time to spare for a cigarette. Every red light is a filter to the front followed by an empty road. Catch up with the cars who had a 30 second head start in a few seconds and repeat the process. Plus being able to park anywhere for free is pretty awesome.

Alas most of my friends are cagers and will never understand.

19. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I was a 'civilian' for nearly 30years, between my 550f and my Ducati. And in all that time, whenever I was in the company with an active biker, even if I didn't know them, there would be an exchanged look and half grin. Just of the 'knowing'.

20. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Good question Giv, had to think a bit before replying as so many things sprung to mind.

The one thing that kept coming into my head was 'FREEDOM' .

Out on the bike I feel free of being physically encased (like you are in cars, buses, trains, planes,boats).

Free to either thrash along or just pootle about, free of home, work, people, hassle and worries etc.

I love the feeling of sort of merging with the bike, man and machine becoming one..............but not in a sexual way ;)

• Like Like x 1