What have Yamaha done in BSB to make them so quick

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Shameless, May 7, 2012.

1. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

What has happened to the Yamaha to make it so quick in BSB, all the traction control anti wheely etc electrics removed and the experts said it would be the dog of the track not able to compete, so whats happened, and why is the Honda not working.
    Cant wait for the transfer window to open for my fantasy race team.

2. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

Its simple. the rules were written to help Hill, they needed to as Hill is an employee of Palmers. Cheat Cheat Cheat.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

They are still allowed to do some tuning so the bmw and kawasaki dont have a huge bhp advantage

4. CastrolCraig

Rubbish mate, the R1 in stock trim is 40BHP down on the Kwaks & BMW's, 25 BHP down on the Honda & Suzukis, so with the tuning allowed there is no way they should be gaining 40BHP to get them even close to a superstock BMW let alone 'parity' spec motors.

Fact is, a very respected current crew chief said it all on twitter earlier when he replied to me on this very subject, that 'the rules were written in Swan yamahas favour over any others'

5. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

Craig, you are the man in the know, and I would agree with every thing you have said. I still cant understand why the Samsung Honda has gone backwards. Padgets can set a bike up. Honda UK are struggling at the moment.

6. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Where do swan yamaha get the advantage from then and why is it only them that benefit ?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

Good question fez

8. CastrolCraig

Shameless, the reason Samsung struggles is they were/are dialling the 2012 bike in, whereas Padgetts are using the older blade with 2012 fairings on them so they know the bikes inside & out, now Honda UK have a grip on the '12 bike watch laverty fly.

Fez, what you have to realise here is its not a simple case of just one thing,
    Take the tyre or instance, swan were the only team not to get the SC0 rear to last race distance, so instead of working on that, what happens, it gets removed from the option list. And let's not get onto text ECU's and pressure switches under the seats....

9. raphael

raphael Elite Member

i was told they actually had too much power in there bikes and reduced it

10. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

i see what you mean, so the rules are written in favour of what works for the swan team and what doesnt for the rest

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

Cheers Craig, as you have stated honda have managed to get going, shame JK has lost a bit of confidence after his off at Oulton. I am sure he will come back strong again soon.
    Yamaha have never been my favorite bike and the Swan team were very disapointing in terms of PR not treating BSB fans well at the Snetterton round. When it came to the pit walk they were nowhere to be seen, all the other teams were happily sat there giving away posters etc signing autograghs.
    I now know it isnt the fans of the sport who help pay the wages buy the bikes etc and keep the BSB as the best motorcycle championship in the world, it must be the invisible corporate faces that keep the sport going, that must be why SMR spent all their efforts entertaining them.