What is it with car drivers...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Blade048, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Blade048

Blade048 Active Member

Just been out for a quick blast to scrub a new front tyre in and it always makes me laugh when you come up behind a car (normally a shitty old diesel) on the back roads and they put their foot down thinking they'll out gun you. Behave yourselves! Anyone else had this?

2. raphael

raphael Elite Member

Yep everyday on the way to work! For me its always Audi or Saab drivers who think they can drive?

3. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

Yep, all the bloody time... usually a middle-aged bloke, and usually an Audi, invariably a low-spec engine (2 litre diesel or similar) and invariably one with the sporty trim packs (Audi S-Line, BMW M-Sport, etc...)

They seem to think having some side-skirts, a sporty bumper and chrome-tipped exhausts doubles the output of the shitty bottom-of-the-range engine!

4. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Back 'em up, then f**k 'em off :D

5. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Agree and when U slide up behind a decent motor (Ferrari 458) as I did last week on the way up to Demon Tweeks

He just sat there at 90 and just waited to get annihilated on the next straight!
    He even dropped his window so he could listen to the ZX on full chat which was a nice touch I thought! [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. gray

gray Active Member

Yea , had a middle aged guy today in his burgundy 2.0 HDI people carrier, wow quick mootor ..ha ha ha

7. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

I had to suffer a Range Rover on a the roads to Hawes. Far too big a car for those type of roads. He was always in the middle of the road and had to stop if anything came the other way. Pain in the arse, but would he move over?

8. Great Guy

Great Guy Well-Known Member

VW golf, BMW (M) series and dodgy Vauxhalls are the worst.

9. Muffking

Muffking God Like

From another point of view, as well as being the biker I am also that M-Sport driver complete with the go faster exhausts and DO let the diesel horses loose when chased by a biker on the twisty stuff, purely because I like to see that inevitably the bike is far quicker, although like the Ferrari driver I also wind the window down a little to hear the sound that I wish I was making. It's good to see it from both angles as I know that it will be me rushing passed on the bike next time :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blade048

Blade048 Active Member

Don't mind a little play against a performance car as it's interesting to see what they can do. It's just insulting when a bloke in a 20+ year old Merc diesel tries to take you on! :D

11. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Try having a ponytail out the back of your lid guys :D it gives them a total brain fart when you've overtaken lol seems to be mostly all the above plus odd van drivers & the local massive innit :D

• Like Like x 2
  12. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I think we all get this and makes me laugh when they try, all for about 4 seconds

A little off topic but I went to the NEC classic car show last weekend with a mate. Went in his unassuming XF (4.2ltr V8) when a chav in a Passat wanted to make his life hard for a overtake. Oh the laugh we had as the black smoke bellowed how of his cherry bomb exhaust while we overtook safely but quickly lol

13. andy levitt

andy levitt Active Member

Yeah hate it when this happens. Nice clear twisty road and you've got some twat in diesel (bmw, audi, merc) Taking all racing lines (making overtaking very hard) hitting speeds up to a STAGGERING... 80 -90 mph......o_O Then when there's a gap and you shoot past them with one wheel in air and they become a spec in your mirror.

Although my best blast ive had with a car was on my R6 years ago, racing a Caterham. Now he made that thing shift. He couldn't lose me but i couldn't get past. Although some of the twisty were lethal on a road ive never been on before.