What quickshifter?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by HRCTrev09, Sep 7, 2013.

1. HRCTrev09

HRCTrev09 Well-Known Member

Hey Guys, I'm gonna get myself one of those them there quickshifters but would like some feedback on what is the best! I have a PCV on the bike so do I just go for the Dynojet shifter or is HM better or how about Translogic? They all claim to be the best! But are they all much the same? Any help will be gratefully received :D

Cheers Trev.

#1 HRCTrev09, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  2. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

HM gets the nod from a lot of peeps on here mate.
    Being a strain gauge sensor it is more accurate at picking up your gear shifts.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Souleh

Souleh Active Member

Hm+ :d

• Like Like x 1
  4. HRCTrev09

Cheers guys just wasn't sure of the differences with use,installation and to live with :)

5. Souleh

Souleh Active Member

HM has a version that plugs into a power commander but the HM+ is independant and kills the sparks instead of the injectors. Very easily resold and hold good value as they fit any bike :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. ray

ray Well-Known Member

Another vote for HM+

• Like Like x 1
  7. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

And another hm+ vote from me. They are top £££ for a reason

• Like Like x 1
  8. bladerunner2010

bladerunner2010 Active Member

I've had a Dynojet QS on my bike since new and never had a problem with it, it doesn't look as trick as the HM shifter but it works for me

• Like Like x 1
  9. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

I'm going for the HM+ on my 07, ok they ain't cheap but are race proven and seem to be the quick shifter of choice from those in the know

• Like Like x 1
  10. HRCTrev09

Thanks guys, ;) I think it's gonna have to be a HM one for me!

Thanks again! :D

Trev

• Like Like x 1
  11. Givover

Givover God Like

. If it gets you out of the digs or petrol station any quicker ,I don't mind chipping in ...lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

By the time you add all the dynojet kit to get the quick shifter working is there really that much of a difference from HM to dynojet setup?
    First you have the shifter unit itself at around £190 then you have to purchase a quick shifter module to attach to the secondary fuel rail at around £115 or the secondary fuel module At around £215 but the S.F.M also allows fuelling to be adjusted by the PC5 for the upper injectors!

13. sinewave

sinewave God Like

There is a Guy in the latest Performance Bikes Mag whose spent around £60K on his Gixxer Thou!

He's said he's tried all the quickshifters currently available and has found the Bazzaz unit the best by far.

14. my969

my969 Banned

I have been using the Annitori QS here in India for the past 4 months on my 2012 blade, ordered it from the US cost me $320 including shipping. Two of my riding buddies have installed it also. It works great. You could check it out also.
    www.annitorirl.com

15. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

The Annitori is made by HM and is a budget shifter for those who don't require as many settings, it only has three levels of sensitivity and three kill times, great for those who want a simple option for basic quick shifter functionality, it is also for overseas only and is not sold or supported here in the UK..

Bazzaz shifters also have downsides like a mechanical switch that is inaccurate and as has moving parts wears out over time, also you have to be sure what direction you want as the switch can not be reversed, if you want to run race shift or change rearsets that run in another direction from standard you will need to order another switch and they are not cheap! The kill times can be set for each gear which is a nice option shame the switch is poor and the system kills the motor via the injection system again never ideal.

When buying a shifter your after..

Accurate method of sensing when you've moved the lever.
    Clean method of cutting the motor.
    Programmable kill times so you can set your shift where you want.

HM Plus
    Strain gauge sensor with programmable sensitivity.
    No moving parts.
    Programmable direction / so does not kill the motor for no need on downshifts or can cause stalling on some bikes if killing when selecting N from 2nd.
    Programmable kill times for slick shifts where you like.
    Kills the ignition system for a perfectly timed and clean shift.
    Stand alone so does not need any other hardware.
    HM Plus SH (Suzuki / Honda) can be used on many other bikes with a new loom for 50 quid.

:)

#15 arthurbikemad, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  16. navvy10

navvy10 Well-Known Member

I was recommended by BSD tuning to get the Cordona QS Cordona - Race use only! as this can be taken off and fitted to any other bike so you don't have to buy a new one everytime you change bikes

• Like Like x 1
  17. phantom

phantom Active Member

all very high tech now, I remember racers many moons ago making them with the
    aid of micro limit switchs lol

18. BlackDevil

BlackDevil God Like

HM Plus SH

19. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

HM plus SH is awesome on the blade faultless shifting everytime, I now have the HM PC on the Cb1000r as the plus won't fit ... I have had Dynojet and translogic in the past would ONLY ever use HM in the future, plus I sold my units within 24 hrs both times ;)

20. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Old thread reboot sorry!

Seen the new Annitori QS coming soon, $259 on ebay and is made by HM as Arthur confirmed above.. Seems to good to be true?? Looks to work exactly like the plus but only three timing to chose from to set it up and no display. Thats £155 for a new strain gauge shifter plus shipping from the US..