What would you ask for ??

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Repsol Rob, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Agreed in principle to buy another blade last week (was looking to collect this wed) as bike was in Nottingham

This bike belonged to the seller s late father who very sadly recently passed away........

So here s the dilemma...... I sent a text to confirm pick up this week and asked as he wasn't the owner but the bike was registered the sons home address (a arrangement between son and father) and where I recently viewed it......

So I ask for some proof of ownership in a text sent over weekend "perhaps a photocopy of death certificate plus photocopy of passport of seller" as I'm just about to part company with 5k cash.....

today I receive text......"Sorry Rob I ve decided not to sell bike to you thanks for your offer but no thank you"......

Was I wrong to ask for so much personal info ?? ok he might have thought I was a "messer" but had assured him over last week I would collect it this week its a 180 round trip and as I work away on occasions I couldn't get back up there any earlier plus on a couple of texts I had suggested a non refundable small deposit to show him I was genuine....... each occasion that was declined as like me we had a gentleman's agreement on the purchase.....

Now I'm not saying it wasn't a genuine sale I guess just a bit pissed at now not having a BLADE as I bloody sold mine at weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Forgot to add that all major possessions were being sold as family were relocating to Malta !!

#1 Repsol Rob, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  2. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

No you were right. If the estate/probate hasn't been settled then they have no right to sell it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

He did say he was sole beneficiary and could show me proof....I had no reason not to believe him as to be honest he seemed a decent bloke when I rode up to see it last weekend....

I guess he's had a better offer or from someone who doesn't want as much proof...... ah well never "FUCKING WELL MIND" !!!!!!! :confused:

4. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

If he wanted to sell it he would have shown the paperwork, if he was bluffing then you called it.. Me I'd have coughed up the paperwork and sold it. I think you were wise to ask the propper questions however awkward they may have been.

I am sure he would have done the same.. and I am sure he would understand.. don't help that your also bike less and gutted.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RedMacGregor

RedMacGregor Active Member

Sounded very iffy to me so probably better the deal didn't go through. Give it a week or two there will be loads of bikes for sale once the weather turns cold.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

I had almost seen the bike at home Arthur......... :mad:

I could nt be arsed to reply to his text......I agree a touchy subject in asking for personal info but heyho the search starts today !!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

gotta sort one for me bloody Almeria trip........ :cool:

8. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

You did the most sensible thing Rob, a genuine seller would of understood your concern.
    If it was too soon to be asking such sensitive questions then why would you be selling a loved ones belongings in the first place?

I would call you stupid if you hadn't asked mate and just handed over the 5k

• Like Like x 1
  9. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

He did nt say that was the reason for not selling to me......... and I cant be bothered to ask.........

but it stinks if you ask me :confused:

10. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

Plenty more fish in the sea bud wasn't meant to be for some reason

11. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

I know .............................but Wedge.............................Im broken hearted........................wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

12. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

Ha ha I feel your pain buddy

• Like Like x 2
  13. Givover

Givover God Like

Maybe for the best you will never know but have to move on now it's over .Have a word with our Si he is thinking of selling his and it's a top looking one of the best on here Black Blades and .......He never goes over 70 so although slightly high miles it's just run in ;)

#13 Givover, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  14. exfire

exfire Elite Member

I would have done the same as you. Sounds suss to me.

You did the right thing, you could have parted with your money and then had the bike taken back.

Obviously you will be disappointed but I bet you find something even better.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

Legally as long as he was named sole executor in the will, or had permission to act severally from any other executors he could have sold you the bike before probate was granted, but having gone through this all last year with my wife dealing with the mother in laws estate it's not a great time to be trying to make decisions so soon after they pass. I reckon he's had an offer from a mate or family though.

But, Sutton Motorcycles in Tamworth have a lovely looking HRC 2010 in stock, might be worth a look?

• Like Like x 1