Whats all the fuss

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by wedgiewolves#223, Sep 21, 2012.

1. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

Just got delivered thought there was gonna be weeks waiting, cant believe people been camping for one, :confused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 wedgiewolves#223, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  2. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

But you still ordered one for the release day :rolleyes:

3. wedgiewolves#223

wrong

Wrong !! business phones we got sent 2 same when 4s came out and i dont think you can phone and say "can i please have for release day", and i meant the fuss as in people camped last night to get one why just not order online and save money on the sleeping bag ;)

#3 wedgiewolves#223, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  4. y2blade

y2blade Member

I agree about all the fuss.

Great if you are new to the brand but if you have a 4S then not worth rushing out to "upgrade" imho

I thought the same about the iPad 3 too.

5. wedgiewolves#223

Yeah thats what i meant not slating phone at all love the I phones but there is always a years wait people go mad then its just the same really as what your 4s can do with IOS6 .

• Like Like x 1
  6. y2blade

y2blade Member

yep
    I'm loving iOS6 so far on mine :)

7. Moily

Moily Active Member

Not used the new Maps app yet then? ;)

8. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

I've not noticed much difference with iOS6 on my iPhone 4, except the maps and passbook which neither really work properly.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I'll be giving a 5 a go, no rush but will be trying to sort something out in the next few weeks when I get time and before my op I hope

10. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Kids with new toys said with rolling eyes.

Whilst on the subject of phones, this is what our IT department sent out this morning: Please find details of when the BlackBerry server will be off-line. Currently Sunday 23rd 06:00 till 11:00.

What makes me laugh is that they think we have nothing better to do on a Sunday morning at 6am!!

11. ray

ray Well-Known Member

Also lose YouTube with iOS6, but you can download it from the App Store.

12. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Aren't the Swiss railway service sueing apple for copying their clock or something?

Good luck Switzerland. Apple are like an unneutered Tom cat. They believe everything fecking belongs to them by some Devine right anyway. By decree of St Jobs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Before people upgrade.....haha what a joke to iOS6 I'd google the problems...that's what I should have done before I trusted Apples update, there are MANY MANY problems with the new OS and GOD knows how long before they are sorted! Can't believe I was so dumb and pressed the update button which you CAN NOT STOP on my AND my missis devices and now have the crap new OS with all the BUGs yes BUGS! Cheers apple top marks, all the money it's costing you to screw Samsung should have been paid to your programmers....

14. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Perhaps that's the plan, Art. Bit by bit, the OS works less and less and all the Apple fashionista zombies will slowly grind to a halt and except only what Apple decides they can have then hey presto! An army of graphic designer/PR consultant drones to do their bidding.

Fly, my pretties! Fly!

• Like Like x 4
  15. arthurbikemad

Tell you what I'd love to love Apple, but the new OS is a joke, maybe not to the average user but for me it's flaky as hell and missing apps and is a major step backwards! And NO if you have an iPhone and you update to 6 your buggered! iPads etc can be hacked back but it's hit and miss! Sorry but over the last year of my ipad3 I've kind of fallen for apple and like the OS etc, but this new OS has put me right back to where I was 10 years ago with apple! Not good! Nice device, shame about the OS! Steve Jobs must be rolling in his grave to see new users so down about his products..

16. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

It's true. I'm perfectly happy with my iPad most of the time, but every time there's an update, something goes adrift or changes from the way I like, and have previously set up specifically, back to some Stepford Wife, condescendingly grinning, espadril and unbleached linen wearing fecking Apple inc cult way of doing things.

Let me fecking decide how I want it to look, you emperor's new clothes peddling wnakers, I paid enough for it!!

The ipad is fine doing the stuff you need it to do. Leave it alone. Now it's complaining about my spelling without giving me the option to over ride it. See in my post above, it even posted the underscore where it didn't like "PR".

Jeanette's just come to me and said she fancies an iPhone5. "Why?" I asked. "Because it looks lush." Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I've got an Apple TV sat under my telly, that my MIL bought me, bless her, for fixing her PC and because she thought I'd like it.

It does feck all of any use! It just streams stuff from another source which, if I've got to have switched on anyway, I may as well use instead.

Boycott them. Punch them in their 'follow the leader' beaming faces and break their noses because I used to be in the dry cleaning business and I know that blood will never come completely out of unbleached linen.

Oh, oh.....there's another aneurysm pumping up..........

• Like Like x 1
  17. arthurbikemad

Apple are the ultimate cut off there nose despite there face, they could add in what people want but for fear of others making a profit the WILL NOT, they want world domination but won't give the missing half what they ask for, they are there own worst enemy and hold them selves back..!

(Spelling by iPad3 ;) )

18. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

No, they'll win mate.

Why?

Because it looks "lush".

19. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

Gulp! been lucky so far then. not had any problems with IOS6 yet.
    Youtube missing was not a big deal with a full FREE version on app store.

what sort of grief are you getting on IOS6, just so I know what to keep an eye on?

20. arthurbikemad

More so iPad. NO pad specific youtube app for iPad, only the mobile phone app tbh on the iPad is naff IMO, App store flickers when scrolling through apps, maps.....well.....have you seen the sat view, missing towns, towns in wrong locations!, slow web speed, WiFi connection problems....and so on.... :(