Where do I stand?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by BoroRich, Apr 12, 2014.

1. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I've got an eBay problem :mad:

I sold some Dainese leathers that I've had for the past couple of years.

I stated on the auction that it would be for UK Bidders only but a guy from Germany contacted me to ask that he be allowed to participate because he really wanted them. I said OK.

End of the auction comes and he wins. We agreed that I'd get a shipping cost and invoice him so I did.

He immediately comes back saying, "Puhhh this is expensive". So I print screened the quote from Parcelforce to prove to him that I wasn't lying.

He gave me the OK to ship and paid me but in the meantime, feeling a bit sorry for the guy, I went hunting for a cheaper shipping cost and found one. I then contacted him, told him that I found a cheaper price and refunded him the difference instead of just trousering the profit.

I've just been away on business and have now come back to an eBay email saying that he's not happy with the condition of the suit, (I described it as being 6 out of 10, maybe 7 if you were feeling generous). He's listed damage that I don't even recognise.

Any ideas?

2. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Tough call - tell ebay the condition was 6 / 7 and he should have asked for extra pictures

I hate to say this, but Ebay has gone so biased towards the buyer you may have a fight

Latest trick is this: You have a faulty part for your car, so you buy a replacement off ebay, you fit working part and send back your original faulty one saying did not work - part faulty.
    Ebay sides with buyer (happened to a mate who is £90 out of pocked)
    You need to put a tiny mark on the item you sell that buyer would not know and take picture of that to prove your part vs his.

Good luck with it all.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Oh - and if you need German translation let me know - work for a global firm with mates in Germany

• Like Like x 1
  4. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Sound like a right D..khead ! get him to mail back suit at his cost and you ll refund him (providing you want too) or if he takes it up with the flea bay team tell him you concerns...... did he have pics ?

5. Womblewizard

Womblewizard Active Member

Did you put on listing returns excepted, to be honest probably out of your hands if he puts dispute via ebay.(this could take up to 30 days) Only thing to do to resolve this could be ask for photo evidence and get him to send back at his expense and on receipt give him a refund......

6. Givover

Givover God Like

Ask him to send you photos of the damage and then look at your photos to compare .Damage can occur in the post and the dude might be right .The reason I say this is I have just had a similar issue of which I sell a pair of Goretex gloves ( Brand new ) with labels attached .The buyer emails me to say the gloves arrived damaged and I can either refund £27.00 or fully refund him .The gloves where sold for £57.00 so I thought here we go a cheesy ripoff merchant ,anyhow I ask for photos and too be fair to the guy he had photographed the package unopened clearly showing a rip over the armoured nuckle area and also a clear photo of the glove with a scuff which had taken the thin skin of fabric off the hard nuckle .So I did a side by side view of my sale and the glove with damage and although I thought it might have been a swop job it wasn't just bad packaging by Elaine skimping on a box to keep postage down . So I took the easy option keep the gloves which are now not worth a carrot and make £. 30.00 . If the so called damage is very little get them back and then give him his money and resell them outlining the flaw.