Which Brake Pads ?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by BladeRR8, Jun 25, 2011.

1. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

Need to change my RR8 brake pads soon and although I have been fairly happy with the OE pads (with Brembo M/C and braided lines installed) I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for improvements.

I use the bike for fast road riding and about 1 trackday a month so something that fits both would be good but if a particular set up was favoured for track riding I would be happy to change my pads between road and track riding if it was worth while.

2. ray

ray Well-Known Member

I've heard Carbone Lorraine SBK's are good.

I've no experience myself as I'm still on the standard pads :)

3. Brym

Brym Active Member

#3 Brym, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  4. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

Best pads I have used were SBS dual carbon

No good for the road or on a we track as you won't get the heat in them

On the road I just usually stick wih OE pads or HH sintered but they are not recommended for the track as the run very hot and can damage the disc.

For road and track the OE pads are pretty decent.

5. ray

ray Well-Known Member

I've read in numerous forums & websites to steer clear of EBC pads.

6. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

The Bendix MRR sound a good option for road and track (see highlight section below) and the price is very good too.

You find these beeter than OE on the road too Brym ?

Sintered racing brake pads for serious track use. MRR is an ideal track day pad for more serious riders of superbikes of all sizes or a competitive racing pad upto 600 classes.

Awesome stopping power in wet or dry conditions.
    Progressive feel / feedback.
    Short bed in period due to thermal pre-treatment.
    Ceramic backed to reduce fade.
    Recommended for use with stainless or OE iron rotors.
    These pads are right up there with the best, under all conditions, they will hold some heat and therefore give good bite, even with infrequent applications. This compound is particularly good for race tracks or climatic conditions where the brakes can cool down a lot, which can cause braking problems with other compounds. SUITABLE FOR FRONT WHEEL APPLICATIONS ONLY.

7. Brym

Brym Active Member

I can't vouch for them on the blade but they were good on my GSXR 750 K4. Very difficult to tell much difference at slow speed but they did work from cold with some bite so no scary moments there, I commuted with them. Worked very well in anger felt like there was more stopping power/bite there compared to oe.

Alot of people were recommnding these on one of the GSXR forums. All the information out there backs up that they are a good choice for fast road & trackday type riding, good compromise if you only want one set of pads otherwise you have some oe ones and track only pads

Do Not what ever you do order from Moto-racing.co.uk terrible service. It took me ages (weeks even contacted credit card company it was taking that long) to get my pads of him and all he did was order them from PDQ then send them on to me. Go to PDQ direct. There is a very very long list of unhappy customers from that company. Shame as it seems like a good web site.

http://www.pdq1.co.uk/part.php?PartID=166&MakeID=10&ModelID=6&YearID=122&Year=

#7 Brym, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  8. ray

ray Well-Known Member

9. Brym

Brym Active Member

Can only get to there main site can't see anything related to brake pads. Any chance you can put the information on here if its relevant?

10. ray

ray Well-Known Member

If you click on mods (down the lefthand side) it should bring up a menu of modifications.

Under the title: Comprehensive listing

You should see: Brake Pad Information Page.

If you still can't see it, let me know and I'll copy & paste the info.

11. Bats

Bats Active Member

I always use OE and had never had a problem! thing i hate about performance pads is noise and disc wear Unless you on the track stick to OE;)

12. scratcher

scratcher Active Member

I use GoldFren HH . Very impressed with the performance.

13. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Iv heard very bad reviews for GoldFren . Cheap and nasty but iv never tried them my self.. I always get Frodo HH

14. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

Also heard alot of bad stuff about Goldfren but no experience of them myself but the price level does suggest the poor performance comments are believeable:fie: there's no such thing as a free lunch, you get what you pay for unforunately in my experience