Why a Honda?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Remal, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

So what made you get a Honda?

previous bikes you loved?

Reviews from others on the blade?

For me it was the looks first. Once I seen the 08 blade I fell in love. I knew I wanted one. But did test ride other sports bikes. Well a few. The Kwak does nothing for me. Or the Gsxr. i looked at the BMW 1300R, BMW 1000RR, and R1. impressed with all but the low down shove and ride did it for me on the Blade

2. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

The badge. when you buy a honda you know its reliable, the bike has been designed with no compromises or problems and it will keep running till the armageddon.

Oh, and the history, the passion and the fact they dont build a bike with a pink frame.

3. viper_biker

viper_biker Active Member

Because without wings, you'll never fly.

4. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

First bike 50cc was a Haonda

First motocross bike was a Honda

First roadbike was a Honda

I have had a few Kawasaki motocross bikes and some short term non Hondas on the road but the Hondas have all been the best

And i like Red

5. gixerlc

gixerlc Active Member

for me it was the reliability after the debacle of the triumph i needed something with a week to go to the iom that wouldnt let me down the blade offered me that in spades:dirol:

plus didn't have any traction control overly to much power or anything like that

also kept hearing brilliant reviews on them

would I go for a different option maybe but I wont judge the blade till after the changes Im making if im still not happy after them maybe back to suzuki in a year or two

but up to now very very happy with it

6. masterblader

masterblader Active Member

Siochiro once said Honda do not make racing motorcycles but the best road going motorcycle.
    1992 the fireblade revolutionised the bikeing world with the most user friendly motorcycle ever built and that policy statement still holds good. The current blades are so much more powerful yet requires the minimal rider input to go fast. Some journalists have deemed the blade as being bland thats where the beauty of how this machine has evolved, sheer deception.
    OK I have tweeked up my 04-07 but when riding a mates bog standard 07 you realise just how good these machines are.

7. lillywhites

lillywhites Active Member

Cos I wanted a race rep out of the crate and the 2007 delivered + 0% interest and excellent customer service from Doble's......had a gixers for years before I moved to the big H

8. Si.

Si. God Like

As soon as the current shape came out, i wanted one. I really, really wanted a Brogie rep in yellow, but the 2011 colour scheme was different, that's why i went for the black.

Theres a load of bikes to choose from, i narrowed it down to the RC8, the Duc 848 and the Blade. i bought the Blade.

9. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Craig, Dan and Masterblader have all hit on the reason why it's got to be a Honda. And that is that there are so many main reasons. In any championship competition you can become champion by being consistent all year but never winning and it seems to be like that with Honda. Something will come along that's just faster, that just handles better, that just has more mid range grunt or better electronics but it's always when compared to the Honda.

It's like that Volkswagen advert. 'it sounds just like a Golf'. How painful must it be for a manufacturer to have to say 'Right. It's finished. How does it compare to the Honda?'

This is my third Honda and I know it will be as indestructible as the first two. It's a given. I don't even concern myself with. Even my mother said so when she saw the badge for the first time. And she judges quality in vehicles by what shade of Blue they are.

I reckon if I put my 550 back together it would still run and, irritatingly, I bet my CB200 still fires up first time for the bastard that nicked it.

10. Barmbyblade

Barmbyblade Active Member

Build quality, and easy to ride quick, would consider a new model one day but would have to sell the R1 but I love that as well

11. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Because they are the only dealer in Grantham?

And build quality, looks and I can't afford a DESMO lol

12. Rp1

Rp1 Active Member

It kind of happened by mistake for me, was try sell my k6 1000 (gsxr) with the intension of getting a k7 750 as i was getting fed up with loads of grunt

went to the local Honda showroom just for a look around, ended up taking there demo out for an hour or so

hated it at first but the more i road it i started to fall in love with it, and that was that, so after 15 years of riding GSXR's im now a very happy Honda owner

13. RichC

RichC Active Member

I wanted a S1000RR but got scared away by insane insurance quotes, it was almost three times the cost of my Blade insurance, tried them all R1 felt good but heavy, Kwak is poor feels cheap, Honda it is!

14. rocket

rocket Active Member

in my younger years was a yammy man while in the 2 stroke days and a couple of fzr / exups then onto kawasaki most zx,s from gpz900 thru to zx12r then fancied a change as getting older i appreciate better quality and not stuck to a budget (didnt want italian) my 07 blade was my first big honda (had several cr250,s) and loved everything about it but not in love with the colour so got the colour of my choice on my latest one. can,t fault it whatsoever. do all my home maintenance and just the fit and finish is hard to beat. still like kwakkers but can,t stand the look of the 10r,s at all. (first ever one was ok)

15. exfire

exfire Elite Member

The second bike I ever brought was a Honda 250 Superdream. It was the build quality and reliability that I was most impressed with. There have been quite a few bikes since then and I have really enjoyed most of them, even though a lot of them were not Hondas.

I have never had a honda that has caused me any problems (apart from my SP1 which I think had been down the road). The CBR600, VFR800, 954 and now the 2006 Blade are so reliable.

Being honest, there are some other bikes I prefer the look of, some which are more powerful and some that are more exciting to ride. For me the Blade is a great all rounder. It is in my opinion, that Honda make bikes that have it all, everything is good, it may not excell in every element but it is the best 'package'.

I thought very carefully about buying this current bike, with finances not being as good as they have been in the past I needed to buy more wisely and buy an asset rather than a potential liability. With all of the other brand of bikes I have owned they have all had one or more things about them that I did not like......the blade, being a honda has nothing I do not like that can not be easily improved.

16. opeth

opeth Active Member

i always wanted my 1000 bike to be a honda(cause u dont worry about brakes,suspension and quality) but i was sad cause the were lacking power.i got the 08fireblade cause its the first fireblade thats so compact, so fast and so sofisticated.

17. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

I am a nice person, and nice people ride Hondas.. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. honda.ima

honda.ima Active Member

Nothing feels quite like a Honda

19. stevebetts

stevebetts Well-Known Member

Because I wanted a bike that doesnt use oil or have problems with the ABS.........:eyebrows:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

reliability never came into it with me. OK I've owned a few Honda cars which have been 100% But my fazer was faultless, as was my Speed triple. So I hope the blade is