why can't all coppers be like the isle of man ones?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by r1monkey, Jun 13, 2016.

1. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

Just got back from the tt and one thing that stuck in my mind was how nice the cops are over there .
    We were talking to one whilst they cleared up a crash on the mountain and asked what he thought of us lot coming over .He said that all the police there look forward to us coming across even though we sometimes run out of talent .
    He also said it was amazing how many people come up to the ramsey hairpin (that is a 30mph limit) doing wheelies or going a bit too fast. So they pull them over and give them the option to be on the naughty bench for everyone to see and have their mates take the piss out of you .Or take a fine .
    I think our police should all have to go over there to see how much their police are respected by the public for their way of doing things.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Bit like being on the naughty step when you were little then

3. gixxerjim

gixxerjim Active Member

1st time I went we all went over the mountain, got to the end and we slowed down, one of our group carried on at 100mph+ and got a tug, sit on the naughty bench.

we all pulled over and the copper said are all of you together?

yes - and he let my mate go.

one of the group was on a quad, we had all gone back to the start finish and he was ages.
    eventually he came, he was tugged at the same point doing 96 - the copper made him sit on the bench and was laughing he didnt think they could go that fast!

4. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

The i.o.m .police have had a documentary camera crew with them this year... should make for some interesting viewing when it comes out . The cop we talked to reckons it will be on sometime in august .