Will A Road Legal End Can Pass A 102db Noise Limit

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by BladeRR8, Jun 12, 2011.

1. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

Going to take my 08 Blade on its first trackday next week and was wondering if anybody has any idea if I will likely encounter problems meeting the 102db noise limit.

The bike is standard apart from a Road Legal Arrow Exhaust with the baffle still fitted. Arrow claim the OE Honda exhaust is 96 db and their slip on is 100 db but I have no idea how accurate these figures are. Just a little worried about getting turned away as never been on the Blade before as normally go on a ZX6R and that always passes at 98 db.

2. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

It should pass, but do you want to risk it. Go to a trackday and ask to have the dB checked. If it's well in you're OK , if just in , get a quieter dB killer???

3. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

Its the standard baffle that was supplied by Arrow and has never been out (the welded tab that holds it in place has never been broken) I m not sure you can fit any other db killer, does anybody know any different or alternatively advise what db their RR8 was with an aftermarket slip on fitted ideally one with baffle still installed. Cheers !!!

4. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

which track is it you are going to?

5. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

Oulton Park but what does that matter ?

6. Hondo

Hondo Active Member

It matters because some tracks have higher decibel limits. Like Cadwell with it's 105 db limit.

7. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

That's why the thread says 102 db noise limit

8. kev.b

kev.b Well-Known Member

I have a yoshi race exhaust on my 06 blade an put the baffle in for trackdays .
    At Brands Gp last month with the baffle in it was 86 db an cuts the power an throttle responce a bit.
    Best to take the baffle with you ! They wont let you out if it fails !

9. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

But maybe it could have been that i have trackdayed at OP and had seen a Blade with an Arrow exhaust........

BTW i haven't lol but somebody else might have if you see my point, was only trying to help

10. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

No problem Slowr1der thanks for the help

I was only asking why as I genuinely did'nt know why you wanted to know that was all.

11. damodici

damodici Active Member

You'll also find different tracks have different db limits depending what day you go on, they change from weekends to weekdays in a lot of cases. Most are now running 98db more so than not.... Which may I add is pretty piss poor :)

Obviously no limits run 'no limit day's' but I've been at focused events days where they turn a blind eye OR at least warn you where the ride bys are so you can shut off as you pass them.... Which is rather decent of them.

It's the static testers you need to be careful of, not sure Bout Oulton but I know from my times at Snetterton for example after sign in everybody has to go over for noise check and they're pretty strict.

12. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

castle combe is my local circuit and is a bitch for noise limits. I know they list the new blade down as one bike that won't make it on track with the stock exhaust

13. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

Passed at 98db so all okay on the day, cheers for all help offered

14. Brym

Brym Active Member

Yep people buy a house next to a race track then complain about the noise!