Wimbledon VS Moto GP

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Remal, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

OK well done Murray.

Tennis gets a little coverage unless it's Wimbledon then it's on everywhere. I don't mine as it's only for 2 weeks a year

But what if Cal Crutchlow Won the Moto GP say in the next year or 2. Would the BBC and papers cover this in the same way? would he be up for a OBE or Knighthood as they are suggesting? meet the Prime minister, hear everything about Cal's life in every paper, on every new channel?

or would u get 1 half page article in the papers a few days later and 1 min coverage on the TV?

Just got me thinking. Is bike Motorsport such a minority in the UK or the world? And deserves as little exposure as almost every other sport
    thoughts?

2. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm black and white on sport. Those I love, those I have no interest in and rarely will I sit through one of the latter regardless of whatever else is going on.

I don't get tennis. I don't get golf. I definitely don't get football. I used to get F1 but now I use it as an aid to a Sunday afternoon nap.

I won't harsh the buzz of people who do.

But...

I was a bit piqued at the lack of fanfare over the British and Irish Lions successful tour of Australia, merely because it had to battle with Murray's win for media inches. The cynic in me wants to bleat on about celebrating a sport we have a proven track record of being poor at at ignoring one in which we are consistently world class contenders. Once he's out of the box, my cynic will then start to get arsey over Mr Murray's being impossible to get rid of from the telly until the birth of the royal baby, and god help the queen if she doesn't knight him in the next honours list for winning........once.

But, I will not allow my inner cynic out of his box to spoil things.

Well done Mr Murray...

and well done Cal, for not falling off and getting on the steps. :D

#2 kpone, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
    • Like Like x 1