Witness to a coming off

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Carl, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

SimonRR and I were taking a steady ride home along the A151 in Lincolnshire when we came up behind a couple of guys one of which was riding a red Honda that may have been a VFR800 ? I followed behind at about 20 yards ready to overtake when he stood the bike up on a bend, 10 meters or so on the grass verge then put the bike down the four foot ditch and proceeded to slide himself down the road. Luckily I was able to ride around him as did Simon, and pull up down the road.

It was all a bit bazaar, almost surreal, in slow motion. The guy got to his feet a little shaken but unhurt and Simon and I helped drag his bike out of the ditch. I couldn’t tell how much damage he had inflicted on his bike but it looked a mess, poor chap.

Would you believe a police women pulled up behind with a “what did you expect would happen” look on her face and an single minded focus on calling in his reg number, the plate had been shattered and she couldn’t make it out. Give the poor chap a minute and he will be able to tell you I thought, what is it with the attitude towards bikers, let’s make sure he is ok first LOVE?? Anyway with a small plate, dark visor and god knows whatever else she might find this good Samaritan was away.

Story told, does anyone in the Leicester area know this chap because I would like to know how he got on when we left?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Had similar.... someone pulled out on my mate (imho a 50 / 50 as I think his lack of experience meant he didn't predict well enough what was going to happen) who proceeded to obliterate his bike, the car and himself. his arm snapped in two I'm helping him on the road side with a potential 40 min wait for an ambulance, the police however were on the scene pronto and wanting to take statements with a very much "guilty until proven innocent" attitude....

Needless to say and with my pal clearly in shock and in no fit state for anything, I lasted 20 seconds before I told the copper to either arrest us, help with first aid or go get fcuked!!!! ....He chose to get fcuked and not help either of us out.... thankfully an off duty air ambulance paramedic lived local and was having a bbq in the garden down the road and came to assist.

Whilst we pulled my pals bones back in his arm the officers soon kept a distance with another "professional" on the scene.

Funny enough, my pal won the case and was awarded full compensation for his injuries (the car drivers were not seriously hurt thankfully), but was shocking the attitude we received at what was quite a horrific scene..... and experience for all involved. Guess two young dudes on new sportsbikes = Guilty!

Once my pal had been put in the ambulance the two officers left me to deal with the wreckage / recovery and get home on my own, not once asking if I was ok...

Many of my pals I ride with are coppers so by no means am I anti police as I think on the whole they do a good job with limited resources etc, but do think we bikers get a rough ride..... ffs sort the dude out make sure he's safe and recovering before you ask him how fast he was going!

Fair play for trying to help mate, never easy. Hopefully the fella was fine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Yes Carl that would have been a great day to have a go-pro fitted, just to show the coppers he was not speeding at all.
    I guess they all think speeding is the only reason for going off on a bend, however he was not, as you said.
    It was a bit surreal, again as you stated :( hope he got back ok?

luckily he didn't break anything except his bike and pride, no doubt

4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I suppose they look on us as being complications to the bigger picture, putting ourselves in harms way just for the thrill that, at best, causes a lot of paperwork, and at worse, a shit load of heart ache. Not that I agree with the attitude, but I can see where it comes from.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

I take it with your sudden departure she didn't look like this then :D

22814.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Despite what most people say about you Carl.......I will stick with my opinion that your decent bloke.

Well Done to both you and Simon, its never easy in that situation.