Wtf!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by kpone, Apr 21, 2013.

1. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Been out polishing the car. Nothing strenuous, just 'wax on, wax off', it did cross my mind to A: get my knee pad trousers out of the shed and B: get my little castored mechanics stool out to do the lower bits, but no, I couldn't be arsed. The damn thing has been festering throughout the clement weather so I started with the Meguiars deep paint cleaner. Front valances, front section of the bonnet, then moved around to the driver's side wing, crouched down onto my right knee and Boom! It felt like someone had kneecapped me. Over I went onto my side, then jumped up like an idiot, despite it still feeling like I'd been shot. I felt the colour draining out of my face, I wanted to be sick, I couldn't put any weight on it, I couldn't sit down because I couldn't bend it.

I really felt unwell. A cold sweat, shallow breathing, really weird. Then, all of a sudden, the pain stopped, completely. In fact, even before I stopped being sick, I could bare weight on it as normal.

As per the title, WTF!

2. sinewave

sinewave God Like

It was a Spore from the Alien moving through your knee joint, don't worry it'll explode outa ya stomach soon enough! :D

• Like Like x 2
  3. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

Sounds like you popped your kneecap out old bean. Luckily, it also sounds like it popped itself back in again. My left one does that, but i have to proper whack it back in. And yea, it does hurt a bit doesn't it!?? :eek: Www

• Like Like x 1
  4. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Going by your description and symptoms I think you will find that you have a well known and common condition doctors call "old age" it can be cured with an afternoon nap and a good dribble

• Like Like x 7
  5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Sinewave, the alien would die of exhaustion before it could make it through my party 7.

Blags, I didn't feel anything shift out or in during the event, just smack, nerve type, whack of pain that just drained away almost as quickly as it came.

Martin, I'm liking your diagnosis and treatment best of all so I reckon that's the way to go.

6. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

Just re-read the OP. I originally thought i'd read it whereby the pain manifested itself while you were en route to terra firma. Ya got housemaids knee!!!! Lol. Trapped nerve syndrome. Martins got the best idea, in fact i'm going to quaff some chardonnay on your behalf. S'what mates are for.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm filling up just reading that.

8. Givover

Givover God Like

A joiner on my site has just had the same and the sucker really swelled up 3 times the size both the hospital and doctor said its due to kneeling down on a specific part and more bad luck than anything he is on strong painkillers though and a tough old cookie as well ...As for "Housemaids Knee" if I had one "it wouldn't be my knees that would be sore";)

9. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

washing the car my butt..... you got your leathers on and were dragging your knee sliders along the garden path to make them look as though you had had them down when riding.

• Like Like x 2