Ya ever wanted to drive the Ariel Atom"???

Discussion in 'Non Bike Related' started by just_me _and _me _bike, Nov 12, 2013.

1. just_me _and _me _bike

2. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

• Like Like x 2
  3. The.kickboxer

The.kickboxer Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

bloody hell you only get 3 laps in each car x2, that's at the discount price of £13 per lap :eek: normal price would be £31 per lap :eek::eek:
    think I will stick to my bike track days, even more fun and over 60 laps at just £2.50 per lap ;)
    you know it make sense...

..and yes Kickboxer, you and me both mate ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. just_me _and _me _bike

Just wud never get nr a car like this never mind get to drive one as i aint on millions.

And its a tick box errr ticked " drive a fast car round a track " :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

It was corperate mate.... I didn't pay. We done full day which was just under a grand but honestly I'd pay that out of my own money it's that good!! Blew me away.

The cars you drive and the level they MAKE you drive them was amazing, flat out in m3's single seater jags, 2 seater lee mans, atoms, caterhams etc, and it wasn't controlled, they pushed me way way beyond my comfort zones in a car (isn't hard) till you lost it and tbh the atom was stand out car of the day, was like it was years ahead of the other (apart from m3 for its size etc)....

No other driving day / experience let you do that.

Cant say what that day was like. but palmers was phenomenal tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

I was taking about the cheap 6 lap one with just two cars doing just 3 laps each mate ;)

And I still prefer bike track days :)

8. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Me too. But it's what you know...

Never been into driving fast, and although I done Ok on the day, the instructors and the cars scared the life out of me. I've done couple other 'driving experiences' which quite frankly have been pants.

On the palmers they scream at you not to break, keep foot flat down and call you a pussy if your not flat out through the revs and chicken out before the break marker.

It's immense.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Yes I expect a full day is good fun and you learn a lot, can't imagine that on 2 cars doing just 3 laps each though mate?

• Like Like x 1
  10. just_me _and _me _bike

Think its just a taster at a knocked down price hopeing people will enjoy it enuf to go back n do a full day

On sunday i spent the morning shooting clay pigeons, yep it was cheap £20'n there was a little bit of standing round ( 30 of is in group ) but again it was a cheap day out n a tick box ticked without raiding the piggy bank! :)

Ive driven cars fast on the roads as i was a response driver, but it never gave me a buzz like a bike at full chat does, they are poles apart n id ride a bike from a - b over any car out there from a fiesta to a Ferrari :)