Yet another new fairings thread

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Barstewardsquad, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Yep ordered some Chinese fairings off fleabay today to sort the damage from last Friday. Was going to get some cheapy ones from up the road in Doncaster but they were unpainted and by the time I had them looking decent they would have cost more than the Chinese ones. After coming off I did consider getting a Repsol set, but decided that having a bike that goes slow would be too much of a comfort blanket ;) So back on the horse, and having another set of black :D

Looked at the sellers that others have used lately but their prices were much higher, and it looks like neverland aren't doing Blade fairings.

These are the ones I've ordered, just hoping they don't take too long on delivery and that Customs are nice to me.

meet_06CBR_277_zpsfafbe5f7.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. daz1

daz1 Active Member

if mine turn up wensday its been about 17 days

3. Moily

Moily Active Member

Are they due for delivery today? Interested to see what the quality is like, as currently trying to choose between the plethora of Chinese fairing resellers myself!

These and Neverland seem to be a lot cheaper than the rest. (btw, what makes you think Neverland aren't doing Blade fairings any more? or did you mean not on ebay any more? their site has plenty)

4. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

ETA on mine is the middle of August (18th). I checked Neverland UK and they didn't, and still don't, show any fairings. Ironically they would probably have been cheaper even with the currency fee.

EDIT: Just crunched the numbers and with a 2% currency fee the ones I bought would have been £9 cheaper from Neverland once you include the Neverland delivery costs.

#4 Barstewardsquad, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  5. Moily

Moily Active Member

Ah, didn't realise they sold on ebay UK. Been checking out so many different resellers I've been sending myself dizzy!

6. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Mine our on the way :)

Looks like Parcel Farce will be used in the UK so I expect to get a Customs hit though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Moily

Moily Active Member

Ordered a set from Neverland last night. :D

Did you order any extra heat shielding or set of fairing bolts?

8. StanleyRR

StanleyRR New Member

I know mine are replica fairings but the finish is outstanding, have come a long way I think!

9. F1reblade

F1reblade Active Member

I tried to order extra heat shielding from Neverland but gave up in the end due to language problems. Have to say the fairings are excellent though and not had a problem with the heat shielding.....yet lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

I've ordered a new set of fairing bolts, and also various scrivets and well nuts. Went with Speedy fasteners in the end, probably not as good as Race Bolt or Pro Bolt but the extra cost of these was too much at the moment with all the other bits I need to get. I'm going to order some extra heat shield, either a roll or more likely a sheet. Need to have a look at my old fairings over the weekend to try and figure out what would be the best option.

I got sent a discount code from speedy fasteners if you decide to go down that route.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Moily

Moily Active Member

A discount code would be very welcome, ta.

Looking forward to getting the fairings - absolutely not looking forward to the 5 hours of angst and frustration trying to remove the old ones and fitting them!!

12. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Will PM you the code later. Only took me about 20-30 mins to remove my old fairings, easy even for a mechanical numpty like me :)

13. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Apparently my fairings are in the destination country awaiting customs clearance. That was a lot quicker than I expected. Not even got her cleaned and ACF50'd yet. Oh well if I get hit but a customs charge I can delay paying it for a few days to give me a head start :)

14. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Just paid the Customs fee of £31.23
    Customs Import VAT: £17.73
    Parcel Farce Clearance fee: £13.50

Going to cost me another £12 to have it delivered on a Saturday but it saves me taking a day off unpaid. Does anyone know if they normally come on a pallet?

15. daz1

daz1 Active Member

i think you will find it comes in a big box mine did

• Like Like x 1
  16. Moily

Moily Active Member

From what I've read they pack it very cleverly into as small a space in a box as possible. Still waiting for mine :(

and thank you for the code - much appreciated, amigo!

17. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Yeah mine came in a box, they can pack them well ;)

18. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Thanks all. Can't wait now to get them fitted, although will need to sober up first lol.

No probs for the code Moily, glad it got used. Won't be long until yours are in country, then just the wait for customs to get their act together.

19. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

I didn't pay any duty at all :D

20. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Well they have arrived and are currently sat in the box whilst I am out with the wife.

Ironically she woke me up in a panic this morning saying the doorbell had just gone. I ran downstairs to open up to no sign of a van or a card. Then the wife realised it was 6:40am and she had dreamt it PMSL

Not too upset with the custom's fee, but would have been nice to get away with it. Guess the coffee and bacon butties are on you next time Simon ;)

• Like Like x 1