Yultide festivities, what do you do??

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Si., Nov 27, 2012.

1. Si.

Si. God Like

So, hoping for yet another "cool yule" what do you do??

2. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I consider Christmas as down time so I try and stuff as many duty visits into the day itself and then attempt to avoid people for the rest of the holiday.

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Lucky lucky bastard ( Monty Python mode off)

Christmas will be the same as it's always is. i'm happy to accept it's Christmas in Dec but not before. Bloody Shops.

Working over Christmas as per last year the year before that and so on. I do the staff rota and will be in Christmas Day this year "wooohoo feck it", and will be getting time off when it's my day off

Enjoy watching the kids open their pressy, crap TV,

Best thing about working over Christmas?

not seeing the in laws

4. Si.

Si. God Like

Usually, we go out. As i do most of the cooking, it's my treat to eat out on Xmas day, plus i don't have to visit the outlaws etc...

This year, the kids didn't want to eat out, so we are staying in. I suggested an Indian take out (you can have a turkey curry?) but the look i got nearly turned me to stone….so, this year the missus is cooking…wahhay. I cannot wait for woodchurch road primary school fodder, and to entertain the outlaws. Bliss, in fact, i shall put the whole experiance akin to twatting a 3 inch nail down my japs eye, with a rusty spoon.

I do like Xmas though, not the shite that goes with it.

5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I love this place. Up until now I was the only grinch in the house. Now I can share it with my imaginary friends.

• Like Like x 4
  6. phantom

phantom Active Member

work work and work....then maybe get new years eve off.

7. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

WTF

you cook and are good looking

yes I've been on the sauce :)

8. MrB

MrB God Like

I try and avoid the entire thing each and every year failing that lock the door and hide.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

HELL YEA, bollox to it [​IMG]

10. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

First thing Christmas Day morning is I get the running around visiting everyone wishing them seasons greetings and I hope they got a new set of legs off Santa, because apparently come Christmas Day they don't know how to get to our home!
    So thats fcuked my Christmas Eve drinki poos up for a start, while Gills talking bollox with the family,Ill pop to the cemetery for a bit of quiet time, drop some flowers on my boy and Gills parents, and have a wander around some of the lads I've known and lost over the years.
    Home time and ill have a glass of port whilst getting in the way in the kitchen.
    Keep the kids entertained watch a film or listen to music, really just chill my beanz and enjoy what I have.
    Not a religious person, so I don't see it or use it as such, for me it's just 1 day of the year I can celebrate having my family for another year.

• Like Like x 2
  11. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

What a coincidence. Jeanette usually asks who's driving from halfway down a glass too. The danger of living out of towns is you're always passing someone else's door on the way in and no one else needs to come out that far so 'don't worry, ken will pick you up'.

Do you really think I bought a two seater because of some mid life crisis?

C'mon. I've got a FireBlade for chris'sake.

12. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

I don't get the big deal about christmas.... Songs on the radio in November, all the hype and people going mental buying you shite you don't need!!

For me it's two weeks off to chill, love going out Christmas eve for dinner and beers, do the rounds Xmas day, then catch up on jobs round the house until the over rated NYE... And then back to work for suicidal skint January....

13. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

Usually have my partner's family round for Christmas meal, all eight of them! I do the cooking which is fine as long as there's a glass of wine on the go and she entertains and keeps the grandchildren happy. It's nice to have family around you but other than that I'm not really a Christmas person. It's also nice when it's all over 'cos it feels like a milestone, you're on the other side looking forward to summer.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Bloody Christmas.....I used to love it when the kids were small but, seeing as they now seem to prefer spending the 'festive period' with my ex wife and her hubby in South Africa, Lapland, Egypt, Canada or where ever else they are might be going this year, Personally I cant see what wrong with the freezing flat lands of the Fens and the Queens speech with my mother, but each to his own. But this year my dick splash of a brother has stepped up to the plate and is at last having our mother so Ling and I are going away. 5 star lackeys on hand to feed and water us. Lavely jabbly.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

Xmas is a great time of year , been shit for couple of years , but this time around I get to
    eat with the family properly , and I can't wait ,

• Like Like x 3
  16. ddc

ddc Member

I do like Christmas but not all the hype that goes with it now , Like others have said...songs on the radio in Nov , shops full of stuff in October. If I`m not working it this year (Which I don`t mind as it equates to an extra £1500 for xmas day and boxing day on top of my wages !! ) I have volunterred to do the christmas dinner for my parents this year ! :D Looking forward to it actually . Will also be trying the preverbial reconcilliation thing again with my sister for the 3rd year in a row . She doesn`t speak to me and has 4 kids and it really grinds on my folks this time of year. So hopefuly this year fingers crossed . Like my folks have said that would be the best present if we could have the family all together again and forget all the gifts an stuff ;)

17. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

On a Christmas theme, sat in Asda car park whilst Gill gets the shopping in (I don't do crowds/ditherers/public in general very well)
    And i can report the shop lifters are very active this morning, they would have needed Husain Bolt as a security guard for that one, only 27 thieving days till christmas hey.

• Like Like x 2
  18. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I never really have a typical Christmas on account of having mostly deceased family :D

I never work over Christmas, thankfully. I knock off this year on the 21st and don't go back until the 2nd of Jan. Christmas Eve I'll be out for a few drinks as always with my mates and missus. Then we're up in the morning, open our presents and then get on with preparing the dinner. Then with everything prepped and the turkey cooking we'll head off to the pub for a few pre-dinner pints, then back to the house for dinner and then fall asleep on the couch farting and watching some crap Christmas film or other.

19. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Spot on. That's always how I feel. The corner has been turned and we're on our way back to the lighter nights and FIREBLADING!!!!! :D

20. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Of course, if the weather's okay, I always go for a cheeky blast on Christmas morning. That way if J wants to visit her evil tribe I can say that I'll meet her there later. Usually just before she is leaving.

"What? So soon? Oh well never mind. See you in the new year".