Malaysian Moto gp

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by bradt, Oct 25, 2015.

1. bradt

bradt Elite Member

And you thought Phillip Island was good

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

saying nowt !!!

but make sure you watch it !!!

3. Greco

Greco Active Member

Hmm...shall we share our thoughts on the incident?? I am sceptical about it..

4. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

no.....not yet and don't give too much away until all have watched it

5. red5

red5 Well-Known Member

Six of one half a dozen of the other! I still love him. :p

6. Mad Matt

Mad Matt Absolutely Bonkers Mad...

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Greco

Greco Active Member

Haha, the spanish mafia against the doc!

8. rewy..rr

rewy..rr Active Member

Can't believe what happened.

9. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Well let's face it Dorna are Spanish, so who they gonna favour

10. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

I think marquez was playing with rossi like last week and rossi hung him out to dry (not like him but very much like marquez in the past). He shouldnt have stared at him but as soon as they went out marquez coule have easily backed out instead he tried to go round the outside and leant on him, rossi pushed him off. Fair play they do it in moto3 all the time with no penalty. He shouldnt be starting from the back of the grid. Lorenzo is a bellwhacker.

Yes I am a rossi fan. :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. red5

red5 Well-Known Member

I concur :)

12. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Rossi should have been blacked flagged for that :(
    I know the Rossi fans won't agree but it's what should have happened in my opinion.
    you can't take other riders out on purpose and get away with it, no matter what kind of god you think you are! It's not GTA
    I reckon if Rossi had shot MM the Rossi fans would have made out that it was MM's Fault for walking into the bullets path lol ;)

#12 SimonRR, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

From my point of view Marquez's sole aim was to ruin Rossi's race. He was racing 10/10ths in the manner that you'd expect to see someone going at it on the penultimate or last lap. Taking massive chances and not giving any thought to his tyres at race's end. His only thought seemed to be to stop Valentino from getting into any kind of rhythm and trying to close the gap to Lorenzo at any cost. If Marquez had any intentions of getting a podium or a win he'd have done the sensible thing and shadowed Rossi until they closed down the front two and then tried to make his pass.

As they mentioned on BT Sport perhaps Marquez wanted to stop Rossi from cementing his legacy as the GOAT so that that title might be conferred on him in 10 years time or whatever.

He basically put Rossi in a position where he had to do something out of the ordinary to stand any chance of catching the leaders. What I saw was Rossi deliberately blocking Marquez and pushing him wide onto the marbles in an attempt to gap him and allow him to settle into a rhythm and perhaps close Lorenzo down. Certainly he couldn't resist eyeballing Marquez.......no doubt he was probably screaming, "WTF ARE YOU DOING??!!!! YOU'RE NOT INVOLVED IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP. LEAVE ME ALONE!!!"

I then saw Marquez tip his bike in towards Rossi's and Rossi flick his knee out to bat him off. From the angles I saw his knee slider seemed to be near Marquez's head more than the bike. As for hitting the front brake, don't they have guards on them?

The whole thing was a bit 6 of one, half a dozen of the other but I think that a good portion of the blame has to be laid at Marquez's feet.

Any road, what was the most exciting championship for a fair while has now degenerated into handbags at 60 paces and Bore-hey has it sewn up, barring a mechanical failure or a crash.

If I was Rossi I'd tell Dorna to go f*ck themselves and refuse to turn up to race in Valencia.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Mad Matt

Mad Matt Absolutely Bonkers Mad...

I think you have summed it up perfectly Rich and you could well be right about him pulling out as he has released a statement saying he may do exactly that...

15. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Wouldn't it better for Rossi to show what a "God" he is and win from the back rather than stamp his feet like a kid crying "I won't play if you don't let win, I am going home"?
    Hoar gay might fall off yet?

• Like Like x 1
  16. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Why risk pain and injury and help put bums on seats to line the pockets of the people who he feels have shanked him in the back?

And even if by some miracle he did manage to battle his way to the front, he's still only going to get as far as Marquez who can then just do the same again as clearly Marc's not going to get his wrists slapped for it.

At least, if I was Rossi, that's probably how I'd look at it.

17. old git

old git Active Member

What a fuck up, so disappointed irrespective of who's to blame! The best season in years is now turning to farce :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Yes I agree its a shame, was some great racing last two races until "The Incident" :eek::(

• Like Like x 2
  19. Julian

Julian Active Member

Rossi only has himself to blame, he was playing mind games in the Thursday interviews that came back to bite him in the arse, Marquez was undoubtedly being a complete bellend fired up by what had been said, if you look at the pics from on board Rossi's bike there is definitely a kick/push with his leg.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Up to the 'incident' I was really enjoying the race. I was looking forward to seeing how it was going to play out ie the legend vs the new boy, then it was all ruined.

I have been a VR fan for many years but feel cheated by the outcome, not just for that race but also the championship. There was a time when VR would have got past and stayed past a rider. Also, MM did not make any illegal moves and VR has pulled some stunts of his own over the years.

Allegedly, pre-race, VR had said publicly Marquez is a liar about ever being a Rossi fan when he was younger, this was bound to get a reaction. Add on top of that the accusations Marquez was trying to stop him winning the title by unfair tactics and it is not unlikely to hack MM off a little.

No one has 'won' from this, especially the fans who pay good money to watch it.

Some might argue that VR is lucky to even have a chance of winning the title from the back of the grid as many riders would have been disqualified and lost all their points gained at the race.

As it is, Rossi gained third place when he was probably only going to get fourth.

I have no sympathy for VR, it was obviously a heat of the moment reaction and we all have those lol, but on a race track, in a dangerous sport I feel it is not acceptable and if you can't do the time then don't do the crime.

• Agree Agree x 4