Seat securing bolts OEM

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by dessp2, Jun 8, 2016.

1. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Does anyone else find they seem to be made from chocolate. And when you screw them tight they just seem to stop and not give you that warm 'tightened' feeling?

2. RRoss

RRoss Active Member

Hi,hope this helps,it replicates the original Honda bolts just with an easier to use allen head and corrosion free.
    2 x Stainless Steel Socket Cap Bolt M6 x (1.00mm) x 20mm
    2 x Stainless Steel Flat Washer M6 15mm o/d
    2 x Aluminium Collar M6 Thread 8.5mm o/d 5mm length
    2 x Aluminium Collar M6 Thread 8.5mm o/d 3mm length

All from Probolt
    Total came to £11.15.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lexathon

lexathon Active Member

Part of the problem is it's a Jis screw (jap not Philips). Normally they work fine with our screwdrivers, but this one is easy to mash up. Use the tool in the kit provided and some copper grease and it'll 'feel' better and you'll save it from destruction!

4. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

On my (ex) 2014 blade I used JIS screwdriver as above and also fitted a thin fibre washer between screw head so the metal never fully tightened against the seat stay, plus copper ease of course. Never had any problems once I did this.

5. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

On my (ex) 2014 blade I used JIS screwdriver as above and also fitted a thin fibre washer to the screw head so the metal never fully tightened against the seat stay, plus copper ease of course. Never had any problems once I did this.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TW4T50N

TW4T50N Active Member

Rounded one off pretty badly once upon a time. Had to get an impact driver and have a bash at it.

Well worth replacing them with allen headed bolts. Bloody useless are the OEM ones.

7. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

if you want to keep the original ones, the as sp1 mentioned put a washer either fiber or in my case rubber.
    I think when tightened, there is a light slack there. Now I don't want to challenge the wisdom behind this and take on the might of honda technical excellence!