2008 post crash rebuild thread

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Alblade, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Alblade

Alblade God Like

cheers, I did suggest soaking it overnight and wash it over with a soft brush - when he sees I off bike without guard he may thing differently after 60k

2. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Few items purchased today to help with the bodywork fitting planned for next weekend:

[​IMG]

Can anyone guess the cost for 9 clips? They are on sale or return

3. Andrew

Andrew Active Member

£27!!

4. Alblade

Alblade God Like

5. bubba

bubba Member

there expensive little plastic buggars arent they:mad:

6. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Those clips were £17

Will def try the ebay ones, but previously I've never found 'aftermarket' versions actually work - somebody here may know of a supply which does work 100% for half the price.

THe weird looking one is the centre one under the nosecone which hold the undertray panel in place.

7. Stefanos

Stefanos New Member

why you payed for discs to be repaired when you can buy at that price used OEM ...or with a bit less more (around 250) you could get brand new brake disc by braking?
    i also have few parts to sell for that bike as i turn mine in to Track bike (all my plastics where sold ,and my headlights dropthem off the self ...and broke in 2 :( )

8. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Hi Stefanos

The disks are brand new at that price from a BSB race team bike via ebay - its easy to forget those disks have been in use for 60,000 miles and while not the harshest rider a few track days, the silt and sludge and other much must have taken their toll - they are still quite serviceable but was getting some judder so having them to hand (bought them 2 years ago) thought it was worth swapping them over.

There is one headlamp lug missing on my bike but told it should not affect the rebuild too much.

9. Stefanos

Stefanos New Member

oh ok cool couse you sayd repaired and i thouhg you where repaipering the stoc disc

10. jokeshopbeard

jokeshopbeard Active Member

If only somebody could make em as good as Honda!

11. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Got new sticker for the exhaust today so thats another thing sorted.

Thinking quick action throttle for it as a treat but think my mate will expire with more work lol

12. Alblade

Alblade God Like

quick request - could somebody remove and photograph the bolts / rubber washers etc. which hold the front of the tank shrowd / cover on a 2008+ Blade, bolts lost and need to see what to replace them with

Also need the 6 fixings to hold the fairing infill panels in place (3 each side) but guess honda only part and about £3 per clip like the others

13. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Few updates here:

Work in progress - tank / airbox off for plugs / filter etc. You can see the ECU on top of the airbox which had to be replaced
    [​IMG]

Don't drop things down these tubes is a top tip (and my mechanic did not so don't worry)
    [​IMG]

Airbox internals - it had done about 8,000 miles since last cleaned
    [​IMG]

And after works
    [​IMG]

K&N filter pre cleaning
    [​IMG]

and post
    [​IMG]

Clock mount bracket comparison
    [​IMG]

Something very large missing from front of bike...
    [​IMG]

#33 Alblade, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  14. Alblade

Alblade God Like

How it looked this morning on arrival
    [​IMG]

Pile of panels and parts to fit onto it
    [​IMG]

Smashed up old panels
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bike pretty much done bar bodywork
    [​IMG]

15. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Left hand panel 'in place' - as anyone who has removed this will tell you - the 2 multiplugs in the in-fill panels are a real pain, along with the vacume tubes etc.

[​IMG]

Right hand panel in place
    [​IMG]

Nosecone and side panel on
    [​IMG]

Bike starts and for first time in about 15 - 20,000 miles I have a rev counter and gear indicator
    [​IMG]

Pretty much all done
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Radiator was removed and left to soak for a few hours then washed / brushed and blown over with airline.
    Clutch cable replaced and much smoother than old - Old still servicable as a spare - just needs fully oiling from both ends

Only things left are:
    6 fixing clips to hold air tube in-fill panels on, 2 bolts to hold tank cover on at front and attach a tax disk holder

Will get some better pictures with it all done - there is one tiny bit annoying me - on the left hand fairing below the light I must have missed a clip and fairing in-fill panel / trim is not sitting flush at front edge of fairing - its just a right pain to remove bellypan, LH inner part, under tray, multiplug, remove fairing to re-seat it - needs a wet Saturday or similar to get round to it!

Also a sticker to cover the blue Rothmans badge of front mudguard - was going to put carbon on but with while rear hugger it loogs better with white front to match

• Like Like x 2
  16. Alblade

Alblade God Like

All - think this may have been lost / missed -

quick request - could somebody remove and photograph the bolts / rubber washers etc. which hold the front of the tank shrowd / cover on a 2008+ Blade, bolts lost and need to see what to replace them with

Also need the 6 fixings to hold the fairing infill panels in place (3 each side) but guess honda only part and about £3 per clip like the others

17. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Looks good mate, what do you plan to do with her now?

18. Alblade

Alblade God Like

The 6 clips purchased for 8.50 - 2 rubber collars were another 3.00 each - will find bolts and collar as i am sure I have the 6x22 bolts somewhere from fixings left over.

Huge thanks for Neil at Hunts Motorcycles and all in the Service department there - really helpful and no bother removing items quoted when I say 'how much for a bolt, I'm sure i've got that somewhere at home' - they supplied the clock bracket of Dunlops race bike, the tail unit from one they had with minor damage from a stock bike and lots of other bits I've prob. forgotten now

Mark / aka Yorkshire Gooner also supplied the ECU and lockset to get the rev counter and gear indicator working again and small rear undertray part - big thanks

#38 Alblade, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Finished pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just needs air duct infil panels put back on now, bolts, collars and rubber washes for front of tank and its done and dusted and ready for Scotland in May and the Alps early June

• Like Like x 2