2012 Blade Vid......thoughts?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by slowr1der, Aug 18, 2011.

1. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I've drawn a line in red where the side panel pointy bit should actually end. The nosecone passes behind this bit and the lighting makes it look like one piece so it only appears different to the other side.

Attached Files:

2. djfleming22

djfleming22 Active Member

I still think the video and pictures are a fake as i cannot believe that Honda has done everything it can to make sure no pictures get released to either the bike mags or papers and then all of a sudden before it goes to the bike show some small bike shop manages to get one and spring it on us ....just imagine what would happen to the shop............its now sells Benelli's

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

It is Hong Kong, maybe it's a knock off.

4. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

+1 ..

5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

It's true. After the media circus that surrounded the pre launch and launch of the S1000RR and the Z10 why would a company like Honda, with resources that make Kawasaki's look like petty cash dump a single unit in a dealers in an inneffectual market region and rely on an employee with a camcorder and a digital compact announce it's latest flagship vehicle to the world via youtube. I know the viral arena is flavour of the month at the moment but please...

6. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

If it is fake it's a bloody good effort. That shock looks the real thing and the fireblade is the only bike to use one that shape (with the reservoir at that angle towards the tyre) so they couldn't have just used one of a different bike. Also all the panels and lights look genuine quality so it would take some manufacturing if it's just a fake

To me it looks like a proper bike.

I agree though - how/why were they allowed to get hold of one and post this online?

7. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

My point exactly..................come on guys wake up.

8. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Maybe it is the beginning of a viral tease campaign by Honda to hook into the yoof scene.

Or maybe I'm just a hopeless bleeding cynic who's too susceptable to conspiracy theories.

The bike does just seem too pukka looking to be a set up. If in a months time another vid shows up with a slightly different bike in a dealer's in Alaska then we'll know that we've all been victims of a smart arse media campaign which will give us another reason to stand marketing experts up against the wall come the glorious day.

9. JM1

JM1 Active Member

That is not a fake.

10. flatstickHRC

It's got loads of people talking So guess this 'launch' has worked. any publicity is good publicity so maybe (like most things in media) it was leaked on purpose by Honda.

It will be all over the MCN this week anyway I'm sure

11. fisher

fisher Active Member

Lets hope MCN dont do one of their famous mock-up versions, coz it'll look nothing like it when it hits the showrooms

12. si1000repsol

si1000repsol Well-Known Member

It might be photoshopped but its identical to the video. Not sure someone would go to those lengths for a spoof!

13. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

This maybe the real deal but it will not be honda's flagship bike, just think for a moment if the previous engine had numerous faults and this was blamed on it being a "race replica" engine, then in the few years honda have had they would not be able to fix all of those faults and still be able to have a power increase of 10-15bhp needed to compete with the bmw and kawasaki without developing a complete new engine, i know no details have been released but from the outside the engine has no signs of being drastically changed. Also this bike has no electronic aids at all so this is probably just a base model bike, im quite sure that either another model will run along side this 1 (ie daytona 675R and ducati 1098 S and R models) or a vfr1000 is on the way (i hope), maybe i'm wrong but if this is the flagship bike then honda will seriously struggle in BSB WSB and all superstock classes over the next few years which i really dont see them allowing to happen

Also does anybody know what those tyres are that are fitted to this bike

#33 fez.57, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  14. JM1

JM1 Active Member

Eh?
    I think this will be the flagship bike and I dion't think there will be an RRR model, although I'm sure there will be an ABS model available ;)
    They don't need another 10-15 bhp to compete with BMW and Kawasaki (well maybe in drag racing I suppose).

15. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

The Castrol Honda team have released a statement saying that they will be receiving an updated Fireblade for the 2012 season which will include Ride by wire but they cant say to much because its not released yet. They also said they already have Ride by wire but its not installed on the current bikes so i don't think the statement means the 2012 update will have that if the current race bikes already have it available now

16. flatstickHRC

The blade is winning in the superstock championship again this year and at the TT it was the best bike yet again.

Also the BMW engine isn't without fault. They put out big power but it's basically a k5 gixer thou engine with big compression. I know a lad who had a crank snap at 600miles. I believe the Honda could easily make a reliable 10bhp more with the basic engine they have.

Plus is there anything wrong with the current engine?

It makes much more bottom and mid range that both the BMW and Kawasaki and I would bet my mortgage that they would last a damn site longer than the BMW effort

• Like Like x 1
  17. GO HONDA RED

GO HONDA RED Active Member

Answer me this. Can the the 08-11 CBR do a power Wheelie ? Because I had a 954 that had no problem with it. Then I got an 04 which unless I popped the Clutch a bit, or going up hill or pulling on the Handle Bars on hard acceleration, a "Power" wheelie was not possible. Same with my 07. All my Bikes I've kept Stock minus a K&N Air Filter.

What I've concluded is it has to be in the gearing. Every year their tweaking the new Models with alittle more Power. So to be able to Pop up the front with ease on a 954 and not on an 04 or 07. It's got to be in the gearing.

S

18. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Not certain about the grunt of the 08-11 but I can testify to the eagerness of the 954 for unicycling. We've got some rough roads around here and I'm sure you've got the same Sixto. I've learnt not to pin it if the front wheel's got any excuse to bounce about.

19. flatstickHRC

Modern bikes are heavily restricted due to environment and noise legislation but simply fitting an O2 eliminator sorts this. This may make them feel a bit slow low down in standard form but the restriction is only very low down so doesn't really affect it's outright performance

My bike power wheelies in the first 3 gears easily just by chopping the throttle and cracking it open.

I remember hearing the 04 bikes were well over geared but they changed sprocket size on the 06- I think.

20. fisher

fisher Active Member

Yep mine comes up in second and third gear when its being ragged. spot on with the RR4 to the RR7 they did change the gearing

#40 fisher, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011