2013 Scotland Tour

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by ColinBR, Oct 20, 2012.

1. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

Keep these updates coming guys!
    great to see the route and tom foolery! rest assured the Envy meter is Topping out!
    come on the Sunshine give these guys a treat

2. Alblade

Alblade God Like

All at Oban but very wet day - some have stopped for chippy lunch to warm up, others have decided to cut to the hotel to get warm and dry.

Pic from Glencoe earlier today in the dry.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Si.

Si. God Like

did you stop off at the visitors centre, and the pub opposite the 3 sisters???

4. Muffking

Muffking God Like

it's too bloody cold for that.
    Stopped here though, at the foot if Ben Nevis
    [​IMG]

Glen or (again)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the Green Welly souvenir shop
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  5. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Just left Oban & Inveraray after a chip shop stop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Spotted in macdonalds Ballouch, before Moffat. Not such a good day for someone

[​IMG]

7. HRCTrev09

HRCTrev09 Well-Known Member

I Just want to thank all the guys for 3 absolutely amazing days :D
    Stunning roads and scenery only comes second to the guys on the tour it was them it made it! I made some really good mates! :D Mike,Gazzer & Jason are Farkin Hilarious and amazin company, all the guys are brill :D
    I'll have life long memories of this weekend!:)

We were like 617 Squadron Jimbo, Dave, Bruce and Co were flying the Spitfires!! Fcuk they're FAST really fast seeing them ride was like watching Tron! :eek: any low flying Jets training this weekend defiantly had a run for they're money! :D
    and then there was me Tail End Charlie taking up the rear -: code name JAMES MAY! :rolleyes:
    And the rest of the guys holding up the flanks :D

The evening banter was priceless altho my Friday night's was cut short due to a dodgy mince & onion bridie I had at one of the fuel stops :mad: I was on the pan from 9pm

Anyhoo have a great night guys at Moffat and a safe journey home and hopefully see you all again on Tour Of Scotland part 2 next year :D

Cheers Trev

#1067 HRCTrev09, May 12, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013
    • Like Like x 7
  8. HRCTrev09

Is that Mikes bike? :eek: Is Jimbo been at it again? :)

9. HRCTrev09

Hey Alan grab a copy of the latest Ride mag your in it mate! :D It's about owning a Blade and your in the I bought one part also our forum is one of the best, friendliest and most helpfull Blade forum they've every come across!!!..... How sweet is that. :D

#1069 HRCTrev09, May 13, 2013
    Last edited: May 13, 2013
  10. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Thanks Trevor, had reports about ride coming in over the weekend about the feature. Seen a picture message of the article.

Glad you got home ok, feels like a very quick 3 days.

Real shame the weather was so tough today - we all got real cold going down toMoffat . I got waved at by a police woman in passenger seat for doing about 75 telling me to slow down... She then parked up and laid in weight but my diversion to the old A74 avoided issues.

Lots of folk learnt they the no idea how the fuel computer works or how handy it is - loads panicking about fuel when they still have 25 miles of fuel left!

11. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

What a great time. Excellent roads, beautiful scenery, most importantly awesome company.

What a top bunch of lads, each day's riding finished with some scoff, a few beers and of course some piss taking.

A huge thanks to everyone that's made the trip a massive success, big grins on everyone's faces all happy to ride their own ride.

Whilst everyone's made the trip what it's been, just a few shouts to individuals for their efforts.

Steve and Giv for organising and meeting us at Lymm, Andy for showing us just how good the tyres are in the wet.

Col and Allan, tour trip supremo's- I take my hat off to you both, to see so many people smiling shows you got it right. Just sort he Fooking weather next time!!

Just a few pictures

Bruce the largest lad here gets the smallest bed, you snooze you loose mate!

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Lee keeping up the reputation of Del Trotter, doing his "boooowwwwwwwww"

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  12. HRCTrev09

Nice one Al, Its always exciting getting a mention in mag! I had it in Fastbikes Feb 2010 issue for riding in the first fall's of snow! I had to dig trench to get out the drive and onto the road 3ft deep everywhere but I made into work :D

Thanks again for all your help over the weekend Al and chasing after me Sat mornin when I jumped the gun and left with the fast & furious on route to John o grotes! :D

Nice one evading Mrs Plod! I was frozen too even on my short trip home, so i can only imagine how you guys felt :(

It's a pitty Honda didn't just put miles to go rather than ltrs on the fuel computer to save confusion!

Thanks again to you and Colin for arranging the whole trip! I had an amazing time but sadly our time went in all too quick!.

I hope you all have a safe trip home and the weather is kinder to you all today :)

Cheers Trev

• Like Like x 3
  13. HRCTrev09

It was feckin snowing here this mornin :eek:

Anyhoo here's a few pics of our epic adventure :D

IMAG0211.jpg IMAG0234.jpg IMAG0260.jpg IMAG0266.jpg IMAG0271.jpg IMAG0272.jpg IMAG0239.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Home, about to go to work.

What a trip - more to follow but todays ride home was horrid...

Fear not Colin Trevor, Graham and Craig , we have left your fine Country!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
  15. HRCTrev09

That is fcukin priceless Dave I chuckled heartily a that pic mate :D Where the fcuk did you find that beast of machine? I don't remember trip over any pensioners lying on the floor in the hotel! Did you mug the old dear or did she part with it voluntarily? :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. HRCTrev09

Ah we'll miss you all! Haste Ye Back it was a pleasure meeting you guys :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Glad I am in a warm office, massive thunder storm now!

18. Jase

Jase Elite Member

What a brilliant trip thanks to everyone that went as you really made it a trip to remember for me for a long long time.:D

I feel pretty deflated now its over hopefully have a few ride outs with a few of here soon.

Horrible ride home with the weather we even had hailstones what's going on with our weather .:(

Will post my pics later.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Alblade

Alblade God Like

I keep laughing at the woman in the hotel shouting at Jumbo to 'to away' - to which he replied with a few thousand rpm of R1..

• Like Like x 2
  20. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

What a cracking bunch of guys I have had the pleasure to meet over this weekend.
    You have made it a weekend to remember for a long time, and I'm genuinely going to cherish this as one of the best times I've ever had, both on the bike, and also for the nights spent piss taking and having a laugh.

There were so many good points on this trip that I'm struggling to put it all into words at the moment.
    All I know is that I cant wait to meet with you guys again some time soon. (hopefully with better weather ;))

I've learned so much from the more experienced guys, and I have never ridden as fast as that in the rain before, and it really inspires confidence.

As said before in previous posts, there were some amazingly quick guys on this trip, and it was great to watch you guys go about your business, and hear all about it at the end of each night with a pint.

Thank you all for making this weekend what it was.

#1080 ColinBR, May 13, 2013
    Last edited: May 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 4