2013 Scotland Tour

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by ColinBR, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

2 countries
    1760 miles
    16 tanks of fuel
    1 broken mirror (sorry Giv)
    22 blokes
    22 bikes
    1 spanked brand new tyre
    1000 brilliant memories
    5 amazing days

Honestly had one of the best weekends on a bike ever, great roads, brilliant company and not even the weather put a downer on things.... Learnt new levels of wet grip thanks to Andy, had some wicked rides up and down today thanks to Steve, Colin and al put in a sterling effort to make everything seamless and everyone else made it a top top top trip. Thanks to all, was brilliant.

Had such a laugh and was fantastic meeting you guys - can't wait until the next one!!

Ps awesome write ups and pics everyone.

• Like Like x 10
  2. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

epic guys just epic, this forum constantly smashes my expectations of you all. the community spirit we have on here is just unbelieveable, go back 2 years and most of us had never met and now you are all making memories together to last a life time, it goes without saying that i was absolutely gutted not to be able to join you all on this and having to sit and read all these post from the past few days has made me ever more convinced to try my hardest to join you if there is ever another tour

• Like Like x 2
  3. Alblade

Alblade God Like

1074 miles

Most expensive fuel was bloody M6 services 37 miles from home today, only needed to put a fiver in (if that) but filled tank Doh! £1.44 a litre when its now about £1.30 elsewhere is a piss take

Just uploading stills to photobucket - have shed loads more on phone

Did not use GoPro as much as I would have liked but to get good footage which a big group is another load of planning and did not want to spend whole trip telling everyone what to do.

Mega impressed how both group did their own thing Saturday but arrived at same time with totally different days but both epic in their own way which suited each party perfectly.

Weather was frustrating on Sunday - sorry if I went a bit OTT on checking folk were OK on way back but could have easily been one step from hypothermia if folk had bad problems with kit and remembered I had a space blanket with me so been daft not to have given it to put under leathers if needed!

For those who went to Applecross this is the view from the top on a clear weather day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shame we never did the Scotsburgring but no point in weather conditions - you will have to wait to earn the chance to buy a sticker!

• Like Like x 6
  4. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

This looked an epic trip guys and good on ya for bringing us the reports!
    A pity you didnt get the weather too.

on that note who do you reckon had the best waterproof gear (well tested by the look of it)? cant beat a road test!

5. Alblade

Alblade God Like

real contrast - but heated grips and textiles were way less hassle for me than soon to be posted video of somebody trying to put on their waterproofs on Saturday morning!

I don't think ANY gloves were waterproof on Sunday - if somebody had warm dry hands please say - but think all failed

#1125 Alblade, May 13, 2013
    Last edited: May 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Alblade

Alblade God Like

If only 'that resident' was at the window was in this picture with JimboV.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. HRCTrev09

HRCTrev09 Well-Known Member

I'm sitting here with a tear in my eye Gary, I'm in mourning mate, that amazing write up has brought it all back to me! I really miss seeing your arse in those rather fetching waterproofs as we sit at a ton up in the wet! As my riding buddy I'm sure you won't mind me saying so! :D
    I'm missing all the guys especially you, Jason and Giv :) Thanks for making it such a special weekend I had the time of my life :D

• Like Like x 2
  8. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Wish we had got a line up here with riders by their bikes - but still awesome picture

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. lee1krr

lee1krr Active Member

just one word to disscribe this trip

EPIC!!!!!!

top effort everyone :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 3
  10. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Kind words Trev. I'm going for a more aerodynamic fit next year, just so the wind don't whistle up my leg and blow my rear end out of proportion. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. dave d

dave d Elite Member

Top effort everyone....great write up Gary,looks like you had a great time!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Great to hear you are home safe - from Eastbourne that is one hell of a trip to John O'Groats in 2 days!

Not one pic yet of you lot up there, so it could be you just sat in a cafe all day - however Andy's eyes told a different story!

Good news the rad held - few battle scars obtained over the weekend without a doubt but its all pub bragging rights to discuss over a pint

• Like Like x 1
  13. Alblade

Alblade God Like

This video is still uploading but think its everyone leaving lunch spot on Friday

Guessing live about midnight Monday 13th May

• Like Like x 3
  14. lee1krr

lee1krr Active Member

Andy, ,jimbo, gary,dave and doris:D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  15. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Shame Bruce did not make it...

I'll get there one day - may just take a little longer than you lads did from Inverness...

16. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

Well lads this is the first opportunity I have had to log into the forum since getting home!

Firstly thanks again to the organisers for putting in so much effort to make sure everything was as smooth as it could be, I had a great weekend the weather put a lil dampener to the proceedings towards the end of the riding but didn't spoil the banter at night at the pubs!

I am now pretty sure I have a lil bit of man flu as a reminder of the wetter times but still so glad I was able to be a part of the event, defanately not one of the fastest riders in the pack especially when the rain started to hit hard, had a few little incidents with the inherited tyres that came with the bike, they felt fine in the dry but they really really didn't like wet stuff!

Looking at all the pics from the event floods my mind with some of the multitude of stuff that happened on the trip, keep hearing "beyoooowwwwwwwww!!!" every now and again in my head too n it brings on a lil chuckle!

Hope to be part of the event again next time but think ad need to get some training in before then miby on the Xbox playing tron!:D

Thanks again to all who attended for making it what it was! An amazing few days out with some new friends!

• Like Like x 7
  17. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

Can't be that much of a top lad not even photo bucket wants anything to do with me! :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

A few pics of my fantastic weekend

A picture of Dave with his imaginary iphone

[​IMG]

The full crew ready and assembled

[​IMG]

The Fourth Bridge

[​IMG]

Giv pretending it's all ok

[​IMG]

Our famous war heroes
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  19. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

"Are you sure you want a lift back to Inverness Dorris?"

#1139 Dave V, May 14, 2013
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Sorry dude, didn't notice it was missing.

[​IMG]