2014 blade ?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by wedgiewolves#223, Nov 4, 2013.

1. flynn07

flynn07 New Member

I didnt say I cant tell them apart,but your quite right i know nothing

2. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Honda have the abs which means all the speed sensors etc are surely in place for traction - could they not have added that and an off the shelf QS to get the bike to a higher level of tech on the sp, then let the current bike contine as is as a cheaper offering.

Suzuki GB must be thinking this is a chance to push Gixer thou sales once the discounted 2012 and 2013 bikes have all gone. It will leave the gixer by far the cheapest bike and while maybe not right up there low entry price and a good finance offer shifts bikes

3. Jonnymac

Jonnymac Active Member

Hey dude, I didn't mean it like that. I just meant that though they look similar, they are different enough to be told apart from distance.

Anyway, I'm sure you will all get what you want soon enough. The sad thing is it won't be a Fireblade. It will be a V4 along the lines of a production RC213v with a different name (if named at all and not just a new VFR), and sadly our Fireblade will be no more.
    It will be more Aprilia RSV4 than current fireblade.

4. flynn07

flynn07 New Member

That will be a sad day :( bike names are cool fireblade,ninja,daytona ect much better than a few letters and numbers imo rc213v sounds like a battery:rolleyes:

#204 flynn07, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  5. sinewave

sinewave God Like

They should rename the Repsols Sloths! :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. phantom

phantom Active Member

them and yamaha I would think

7. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Honda have done you all a favour, all those with 08+ model blades have had no need to upgrade the bike for all these years! For those with any other year you can still "upgrade" at anytime right?

If your buying a new blade now you'd be mad not to concider bumping up to the SP.

8. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

That's my thoughts also Arthur.

If I was looking to upgrade from a Pre 08 model I would defo buy the SP as it has had all these years of development to iron out any problems, and you know you will get the best this model will ever be.

I just can't justify the £7k difference it would be to put my bike in against it.

9. arthurbikemad

A little pointless to go from same model to same model, and like you say mate 7k, you can do a lot of work/mods for 7k.

As for new to SP then you get a fair deal IMO, head work alone can cost 2k, plus forks, TTX, brakes etc then matched pistons and rods, don't know if they blueprinted the bottom end but rest sounds good if base price is 12k and SP is 15k.

10. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Lest hope Honda adopt the far superior BOSCH ABS system instead of their Jap's Eye version! :rolleyes:

11. phantom

phantom Active Member

or get an 899/gsxr/R1 etc and have near 3k change for mods and extras lol

12. arthurbikemad

Value for money buyers are gonna shop elsewhere I agree.

13. Nick_BladeRR

Nick_BladeRR Active Member

What so buy one bike that's under powered and two other models that also haven't changed years!? Oh I forgot yamaha added abs and tc but didn't change the shape of the bike but apparently it's ok if manufacturers change things and just give you aids going by what's been said earlier......

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

I didn't know about the SP Arthur ! Still where's the fun in having it all modded for you ;)

15. arthurbikemad

The comments irrelevant if you don't know its out, if your buying anything tech based at some point you have to buy it or you will never own it, always something new around the corner, I'm waiting for the 2020 blade ;) Question is now you have a new bike do you feel gutted you missed the SP, that's what I would be asking myself. If you did I'd say your already modding your bike to how you like it and the SP still needs a fair bit of bling if you wan't to spec it up (rearsets, HM and so on). End of the day the SP is just another off the shelf standard bike that anyone with the cash or credit can buy.

Given what else is around if I am honest I'd probably still buy a blade as for me someone that works on them all I think Honda still has something special with the current bike.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

I wouldnt change what I have done if I was given the choice Arthur, I would have bought 90% of what I have already for my 2013 for the SP and I will in time mod the suspension and brakes myself to suit me Ohlins or Ktech and M4 calipers with 19 RCS and HEL lines etc.....

I guess it would be cheaper to buy the SP for engine work and suspension, if its around the 15k mark, but there will be a few floating about, you will think thats nice and walk on to something like your Repsol and fall to your knees in ore of what can be done with time, knowledge and some cash !

I agree it is a special bike, I could of changed to something new ZX-10, R1, RSV4, S1000RR or RC8 but I just love riding the blade it makes me a better rider than I am and I need all the help I can get ;)

• Like Like x 4
  17. navvy10

navvy10 Well-Known Member

Honda's official website write up on SP-

For 21 years Honda has pursued a concept of 'Total Control' with the Fireblade, after rewriting the rulebook in 1992 with the original CBR900RR. Over the last decade, the CBR1000RR has developed into perhaps the most balanced Super Sport machine available, combining exceptional performance and handling with a satisfying ability to extract the very best from every rider.

Victories in the World Super Bike (WSB) championship and all-conquering success at the Isle of Man TT, with average lap speeds of 130mph plus over 37.73 miles of real roads racing, is testament to the CBR1000RR's innate capacity.

The open-class CBR has built a loyal army of fans around the world over two decades especially - with over 200,000 sold throughout Europe. For the very first time, Honda is producing the CBR1000RR Fireblade SP. A track-focused, yet fully road legal machine, that not only looks special - it is special.

The chassis wears circuit-ready front and rear Ohlins suspension plus Brembo four-piston mono block calipers, with frame revisions and new top and bottom yokes to suit. Honda's electronic Combined Anti-lock Brake System is an option, with software remapped appropriately. Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP tyres are the finishing touch. Further marking the SP version out from the standard machine is its own unique Tricolour paint - white and two-tone blue, with a central red stripe and trademark Honda gold wheels.

See this new-for-2014 model on show to a UK audience for the very first time at this year's action-packed Motorcycle Live show at the NEC, from 23rd November to 1st December 2013.

Really think I may get one next year as I just believe the blade is amazing. I mean what other bike could have me go into the fast group on my second track day and be one of the quickest on track?? It wouldn't have happened if I was riding my brothers big bang r1 that's for sure..... ;)

18. Pete1987

Pete1987 Active Member

I say keep the electronics crap away, i've been riding for 10 years now and never once have i thought, "you know what i could do with traction control" etc. It will just take the excitement away from biking, look at motogp now, its all electronics and the riders are so spread apart, bring back raw talent and watch it all get a hell of a lot more interesting.

Thats what i say anyway!

• Like Like x 3
  19. arthurbikemad

Nothing like a little project mate ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#219 arthurbikemad, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  20. sinewave

sinewave God Like

I see Honda are only doing the SP in the 'Fastest' colour scheme then! :cool:

Fireblade SP.jpg

• Like Like x 2