2014 blade ?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by wedgiewolves#223, Nov 4, 2013.

1. navvy10

navvy10 Well-Known Member

Mate I will never ever sell my blade!! I fookin luv it and she will most likely be retired to a track bike cos they are just so damn easy to go super quick on!

I am in the blade loving camp and always will be and am also very excited about the SP! Would like a tiny bit more power but otherwise the most well balanced bike out there by a country mile ;)

2. navvy10

You're an animal mate! And if you ever get black flagged at a race I will be there wetting myself :D

Just a bit of rubbing lads.....

• Like Like x 1
  3. phantom

phantom Active Member

no stock but would power wheelie in the first four gears easy, look back and you will see art agrees about its ability
    to hold off liter bikes(due to being a twin) they run a quarter mile on the drag races here at the same time as the
    2013 blades and thats giving the blade time to get the power down so not as underpowered as you state,
    and the 899 with have an extra 20bhp up on it.I dont want tech but and I am not bashing the
    blade as you put it, im stating that the price doesnt reflect what you get, its a 2013 with mods and a 3k rise
    in price which I think (and not alone here) is the wrong way to go for honda.

4. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

base panigale or sp blade.... hmm would be ducati for me for sheer excitement and looks over the blade, i dont want to ride the easyest to ride 1000 around i want an animal :) well blade for track maybe..

5. Nick_BladeRR

Nick_BladeRR Active Member

This is a fireblade forum right!? I didn't sign up to an I love Ducati forum by mistake did I? If so I apologise and I'll get my coat...

6. BarnesyChick

BarnesyChick New Member

Well said!

7. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

yes its a blade forum with like minded people who love the fireblade dont worry :) this is why some feel slightly disappointed there is no new bike this year as its forcing us blade lovers else where for our kicks :(

8. phantom

phantom Active Member

Yes it is and as mentioned on another thread
    You are free to talk about other bikes as we are not
    Elitist snobs here.maybe this thread was posted before
    You joined, I can look it up for you if you want ;)

9. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Sp all day long, better bike with far better components for same price! It's just doesn't look as flash... But does exactly what it says on a much bigger tin from what I can gather...

But sp or pani s. hmm tough choice, as I think they are comparable, but both offering different things. Although I think my heart would be ruled by my wallet at a potential £3k price diff.

That said, I think the familiar looks of the blade and mega price of the pani s would put me off shelling out for both.

Not as good but think I'd rather spend 14.5k on an f4r or sp money on an rsv4. Not because i think the blade is bad. I LOVE mine and have no intention of selling, just fancy something diff....

Might change my view come NEC time though hey.

#249 Jimbo Vills, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Troys7012

Troys7012 Active Member

There is no bike out there that can match the stunning look,s of a repsol blade ,well apart from another repsol blade,oh and there good in hrc colour,s also ,black is also growing on me and if am Definetly an abs convert as I,be never had an issue,There just great bikes and still outperform most bikes through the twisties .

11. exfire

exfire Elite Member

That would be my choice too Jimbo if I was going to change, both lovely bikes and you do not see too many of them around.

12. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Yeah for the road I just want something that looks lush, good to ride and I enjoy owning. Something a little different and they both tick all the boxes (without testing yet) like I say, love my blade, happy with it, would I buy another for the road, prob not. Variety and all that...

13. Jonnymac

Jonnymac Active Member

I'll probably get a Harley. You get much more metal for your money. On top of that you get traction control (low power/heavy weight), Anti lock braking (you'll never lock them up all day long) and wet weather mode (starts to run like a pig when it's wet).
    You get tons of bling. Surprised half of you haven't picked up on it yet :p

• Like Like x 2
  14. phantom

phantom Active Member

did someone say harley,
    YT where was that doghouse section you wanted lol

15. Nick_BladeRR

Nick_BladeRR Active Member

I get your point about other bikes just surprised to see that a fair few blade owners were for lack of a better word disappointed.

Think I'm gonna go with a 2014 repsol blade then tart it up a bit for the track I like the SP but 15k is a lot to outlay on a bike in one hit....

16. navvy10

It isn't the cheapest but if you put the brembo's on plus other bits to a standard 2014 bike wouldn't that end up costing more? I know you can do the mods over time but I have realised from years of modding cars it's always best to get the bike/car the way you want it ASAP then get on with enjoying it rather than a constant project. It is fun to do all the mods yourself over time but I'm just super impatient with these things and it will be cheaper to insure if the parts are all factory fitted rather than add ons...... ;)

17. exfire

exfire Elite Member

I couldn't argue with a single point you made there Navvy and makes total sense, especially financially.

The problem for me is that I get bored really quickly with a bike no matter what it has on it as standard...........unless I constantly mod it. I always want something a bit different to what is on a bike. Maybe it's a form of OCD, been like it now for 40 years don't expect I will change now. I like to think of it as making the bike my own and having it feel and look just how I want it, within a small degree of financial constraint ha ha.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jonnymac

Jonnymac Active Member

I agree with Navvy on this. There is at least a good 4 grand in suspension and brakes on it, even before you look at the engine tweaks.
    Mind you, I know it is a lot of money too. I will probably see what they offer me on a trade on my 11 plate and see from there. If i don't get offered a good trade in, I'll probably go the DIY route. If they offer me good money I'll trade for a shiny SP.
    Don't suppose I'll know till they have been in the showrooms a while and they know how they are selling

19. navvy10

I'm sure there are lots of areas that you can 'personalise' on the SP to make it your individual machine mate. I guess the two area of modding are performance then aesthetics and with the latter you can go as far as you like and not so much insurance affected changes either ;)

20. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Navvy I could even mod a Moto GP bike !

First thing on the SP would have to be a full respray to beautiful shiny black. Then some nice lightweight wheels, then of course the rearsets and the other big essential expenditure............a full titanium exhaust system, plus of course the new HM GP Quickshifter.

I reckon £5.5 to 6 K should do the first round of mods. Far less than I have spent on the RR6.

• Like Like x 2