2014 blade ?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by wedgiewolves#223, Nov 4, 2013.

1. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

Am I reading the thread wrong or am I right in saying the new standard blade got its head flowed and some other tweaks to add more midrange and upper grunt, some tweaks to rider position via pegs n bar adjustments and that's about it?

The newly named SP version gets same changes as the standard model but includes bottom end engine work along with new aftermarket brakes n suspension, with the addition of this new rear suspension the rear subframe had to be modified to suit the new ohlins shock and they have stuck on a new rear cowl.

Oh and added racier upgrades to the C-ABS! Does that mean it now works every time as expected without hitting the bar to make you crap yourself?

2. Jonnymac

Jonnymac Active Member

Yes to all of the above, except the ABS. I suppose we won't know that till somebody buys one.

3. bladerunner59

bladerunner59 New Member

Im hoping the holes are there to fit rear pegs, the hump comes off so hoping a rear seat will fit straight on in its place. Only way i can have one is if i can get to be able to take wife out with me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Off track, but exactly the information I supply to my wife over washing machines, she does not need 40 programmes, for hot,cold, warm, crease free, creased etc etc,
    She needs the one £300 cheaper with On/Off and Man button....that's why God invented the term mixed coloureds, as far as I am concerned if it is says it on the machine, then any fecking colour goes in,
    not yet seen any go in that come out dirtier than when they went in.

5. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Ha, my girl keeps asking for a dishwasher... I keep telling her I have one....lol

6. Nick_BladeRR

Nick_BladeRR Active Member

IIRC I also think that the pistons for the SP are hand picked by the engineers at Honda with some internal upgrades meant to give it an extra 5-6 hp that apparently according to FB you will definitely notice. I love the idea of the SP edition but what I want to know is the price I really hope it isn't something stupid like the 19K BMW ask for the HP4.

7. phantom

phantom Active Member

okay some dont want all the electronic gizmo's but the point is some do
    want selectable maps without buying bazzaz or PC units or quickshifters
    without buying a £350+ add-on.also why pay a high price for a bike
    that others in that price range come with all these add-ons already equipped.
    Im very disappointing with the new model as its nothing new or exciting
    to look at, looks like nothing much different from what is already out there.

8. arthurbikemad

Know what your saying about the parts and TC etc, but how about this for a dilemma, you make an engine that's got 200+bhp, but you can't open the throttle without TC or ride by wire? You add a quickshifter but its crap? You add map switch etc but its governed by Euro laws so need mapping? I fit HM to the likes of BMW/Ducati etc as the OEM one is rubbish so they have paid for it twice?

I agree that its about time the CBR had another 08 style update, but clearly Honda have other priorities and the global downturn also has a role to play, however that's not stopped them going ahead with the big one.. The only gutter with that is we will all love it, but few will have £75-100k to buy one! (If that's how much it will be)

9. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

I bought my blade to get away from the wife ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. phantom

phantom Active Member

well hopefully it has a bit more poke as the current model in stock format is very
    tame and gutless low down.gearing down and adding a power commander gets
    it accelerating the way a zx10 or gsxr thou does in stock, seen a dyno and
    group test not so long ago and the blade came second last with the R1 in last
    place in the acceleration and power ratings. time for it to shed its rider friendly
    image and get the power house image that the early blades had back :)

11. Jonnymac

Jonnymac Active Member

I got rid of my wife so I could get a blade :D

• Like Like x 3
  12. Jonnymac

Jonnymac Active Member

You could look at it like this though, there are 3 or 4 other bikes out there competing for the top gizmo title, so you are already entering a crowded playing field. On top of that the sales of these bikes aren't massive anyway. Honda seems (for the time being at least) to be sticking in the more traditional area, where clearly there is more demand. It's no coincidence that the blade and the Gixxer sell more than the others put together. With The SP the top dog 'no gizmo' title firmly sits with Honda. Granted we will have to see what it costs though. If it is too much, then i reserve the right to change my mind. I reckon it will be about £14-15K

You all hanker after a redesign, asking for different styling and electrickery. We will just end up with another ZX10R and there is already one of those out there.

*edit* ....and it is pretty fugly if you ask me

#72 Jonnymac, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  13. phantom

phantom Active Member

fugy yeah but 10bhp up on the blade and they are not afraid to change the design
    up a bit unlike suzuki and honda.
    I am saying they can justify a big price for not much power or tech
    *cant

#73 phantom, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  14. Jonnymac

Jonnymac Active Member

just buy a ZX10R dude. You know you want to ;)

15. phantom

phantom Active Member

no I dont like the look of it. maybe a 899, F3 800 or a RSV4 next, something different.

16. arthurbikemad

Your a bigger man than me mate, as even with stock gearing round me on the B roads with the limiter light flashing on full chat, first, second and third gear to the line I am struggling to hang on, gutless it maybe but more of a case that I must be getting weak at 41! Tbh pinned to the line I struggle to keep the front end down and often end up stood half up riding the bike with one wheel into the power of most of the lower gears. I have rode most of the bikes of the "now" and the blade still has grunt, if anything its some of the others that feel flat after 3k imo.. Like I say I am a mere mortal and only clock in at 10 stone so the Blade don't have much to do with me as a "passenger" ;) I have also rode 190BHP tuned GSXR's that still don't feel as punchy as the blade does, also saying that I have rode a few blades with mods and it still blows me away more so than standard...

Off to hang my head in shame as the mighty CBR when lit up still gives me the shits! :S

• Like Like x 6
  17. Jonnymac

Jonnymac Active Member

Haha. You see?
    The 899 or F3 are nice bikes, but you are trading down a bit of capacity there. You will feel the loss of power.
    looks like it's an RSV4 for you kiddo

18. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Yep fair point there Arthur, but needed more power and wanting it arnt always the same thing hehe :)

19. phantom

phantom Active Member

well mine must have been sick as in first and second my 848 had more grunt
    and could also leave a friends 10 plate.my brother in laws gixer was trying
    to flip in third where as my blade barely lifted the wheel in second,only after fitting the PC did the front
    end get lighter when pinning it to the point you had to roll off slightly.
    but then I stuck a 55 profile on it and lost that grunt so then it needed to be geared
    down slightly for more poke.cant say I have ever been scared on a blade yet...but then
    I am still young :p

20. phantom

phantom Active Member

less power but they look and sound great and can be geared down