2014 blade ?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by wedgiewolves#223, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Alblade

Alblade God Like

8 months?

More like 6 weeks and 300 miles

2. Gregr

Gregr Active Member

Yawn..! Seems like the wheels are 2013 model items in gold, not lightweight versions, the Ohlins is nice and I'm sure the Brembos will work well, (if the ABS system has been sorted!) But where's the quickshifter, power modes, traction control and a proper engine tweak.
    Lets face it, most of these won't end up on the track and will be bought by those who like bling and bragging rights and in comparison, on paper at least, the S1000rr still has this SP beat.

3. navvy10

navvy10 Well-Known Member

I'm really not interested in power modes. I think Honda really nailed it with the linear throttle delivery which makes it so smooth and capable in all conditions. 10hp extra and 5-10lbft more and it would be unstoppable with its handling. Brembos and qs defo wanted too ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

Rubbish. They are gonna make a track focused road going blade with single seat etc and charge through the nose. Anyone with half a brain cell will just buy a blade and convert it for the track. Only people who will buy this will be the posers with all the bling bits posing next to it down at squires.

5. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

The SP does look nice and could be tempting, Interesting to see how it fairs up in group tests.. Still very disappointed though :( shame they didnt give it a body work facelift too.. See it has a double bubble screen as standard also!

6. just_me _and _me _bike

Like sum i love the fact the Blade that i have comes with NO GADGETS, not even the dreaded ABS!!

Did consider the new zx6 / R1 before i went for the blade n mostly cus it will be left all to me just to go out n ride the bike, im not claiming to be Marquez but i like the fact bikes shake their heads when ur gunning it or the back end slides around abit, me old R6 done both in barrel loads n i loved it :D

Plus theres more to go wrong in the long run with all these gadgets adding to more cost to me :(

Keep the blade gadget free Mr Honda ppplllllssssssssssss :D

• Like Like x 2
  7. Alfie

Alfie Active Member

Well I've read the thread a few times now and looked at the picture of the New Blade, I've posted that I think its great looking and yes if I was GIVEN it I would probably take it!! I read a post that asked if the Blade made you smile? and you know what yes it does BIG time. I've thought about getting another bike over the last few months but everytime I look at my Blade and then ride it it just makes me smile so much.
    I know its not the fastest shit of the shovel but god it can shift when it wants!! I'm also glad that the Blade is very forgiving when I make the odd mistake, but the Blade fills me with confidance so I will just stick with it, Do my mods and see how I feel.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

I would rather honda really mix things up and try something new and creative. Even if it turned out to be a flop there is still a wealth of models that are great from the last 20 years to choose from. Theyre playing it too safe and boring

• Like Like x 1
  9. just_me _and _me _bike

And i know everyone is saying make this bike sooo special by adding loads of expensive parts, yeah wud b nice but how many if us r gonna afford it in the long run??

I couldnt justify a 15K + bike, i can afford it but for that kinda money, id rather have a nice yr old car that i can use every day in all weathers n take the Mrs n the dog out for w.end trips n the like.

• Like Like x 1
  10. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Each to there own... :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. navvy10

navvy10 Well-Known Member

No ones seegulling my baby!!! :D

12. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

just_me_and_me_car Nope, don't sound right....or does it? ;)

13. just_me _and _me _bike

Ha ha lambchops ya barsteward editing my post!!! Good job the Mrs wasnt reading over me shoulder ha ha git!!! :p

14. just_me _and _me _bike

Maybe when am an old fart Arthur :p

15. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

hehe sorry couldnt resist :D

16. MrB

MrB God Like

The more I think about it and see it the more I want one, I like it. Lets face it most people who by the latest thing is purely for posing or one-upmanship anyway, it won't make them any quicker.

It's already doing Honda some good, everyone is talking about it whether they like it or not.

I will seriously be considering it depending on the finances, I love a good pose. ;)

• Like Like x 5
  17. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Agree, me too, it's all I'm good for, and I believe I'm good at it.. ;)

Mind you, not so good a few weeks back as I ran over some birds Greyhound and landed on my face, but I do crash with style..

• Like Like x 2
  18. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Good on you MrB thats one sold.. Probably the sensible buy if its only a couple of k over the stock bike. You can be sure it will hold its value much better than the stock bike and its in limited numbers too didnt I read?

• Like Like x 1
  19. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

I have to admit that I do like it.

But for the price that I would get for mine, I reckon I'd be about a £7k change, and there is no way it is £7k more than my bike especially with only 8k miles on the clock.

I can and am upgrading the suspension, and brakes on my bike, and will still be £5k better off.
    That to me is the deal breaker.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Beckers

Beckers Elite Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1