2017 cbr1000rr - how to prevent sliding (groin pain!)

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by NevNev, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Coda

Coda Active Member

Race bike seat units with foam panels are grippy. Road bike seats are more comfy, but shiny and slippy. Why? I don’t know. But I know what I’d prefer when not poncing around at 29 mph.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Marc

Marc Active Member

I 100% respect folks opinion on here and I appreciate I’ll come across as argumentative sometimes, sometimes intentionally, sometimes not.

My starting point with debates like this is always my day at the Ron Haslam school where I shaved circa 15 seconds off my lap time via good training. I could’ve spent 4 squillion quid upgrading my bike with bling, I wouldn’t have been 15 seconds a lap quicker.

A grippy seat just masks poor riding style IMO, far better to invest in good training. I’m definitely no riding god though, so don’t take it as gospel. My advice, chuck £2000 at training, if you need bolt ons after that, go for it.

3. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

The guy was talking about the original seat causing him to slide and the subsequent discomfort in relation to his commuting and touring. Hence the grippier seat suggestions. If he gets an aftermarket seat he'll still have the original one and can swap and change if he wants, depending on what hes doing. The Honda e comfort seat which I've got as well holds it value really well second hand so pick one of them up and you'll lose nothing if you want to sell on later. There's no way personally I'd want to ride to Europe and back with the oem seat it's too hard and uncomfortable.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Grippy seats do not stop you moving your arse around, I personally don't slide my arse, I lift my weight up slightly to move side to side. If you watch racing......watch riders say for example in a chicane, they'll flip flop side to side very quickly by lifting there weight up with their legs. There ain't no time for sliding your arse around when you're going that quick. So yeah if you want a grippy seat, go for it......you can still move your weight around easily!

There you go ....I've just saved you £2000 worth of training :rolleyes::D:D:D:eek:

#24 PauloHRC, Apr 7, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Sorry forgot to add.......they use grippy seats and tank grips in moto gp, wsbk and bsb. o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Coda

Coda Active Member

Any track bike.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Dinger78

Dinger78 Active Member

Have stomp grips on mine, really like them but yes I think there a bit much when you're not wearing leathers.

• Disagree Disagree x 1