29th July Ride Out

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by Dave V, Jul 9, 2012.

1. gazza1

gazza1 Active Member

Re cut due to the change from Boxhill, no go area as some non engineed, tight pants bike things going on. Again shout if I've got it wrong/missed anyone:

Oakdene:

Dave V
    Jimbo
    Pils
    Sideways
    Tucker (not sure what you've sorted with Jimbo mate)
    Lee1krr
    adv
    Matrixx
    Mel
    gazza1

Godstone:

Kevb
    quattochris

Loomies:

Martinowen
    IcarusGreen- The ride from Godstone to Loomies is awesome, be cool if you could make it up to go from Godstone?

Haggler to let us know

2. Villan

Villan Active Member

Villan at Loomies

3. Haggler ®™

Haggler ®™ Active Member

Hagglers coming............(that,ll be me ) provided its sorta dryish .

4. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

I should be able to do Godstone but I've never been there so will need the exact meet point to put in my phone/gps substitute.

5. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

The lay by is visable from jnct 6 of the m25, come off at that jnt and take the exit mate to godstone/a22.

6. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Zoom in on this map mate, you can see at point B where it is and roads to nter in the Tom Tom - as Dave says, if you come of at Jct 6 and go round the roundabout under the motoway yo ucant miss us.

7. tucker

tucker Active Member

I'm in boys just don't have a clue with meeting points as I'm new ish to Kent I'll meet ya just need directions or meet up before you all head down or up or sideways which ever way it is lol

8. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Lol, reckon the Oakdene is the best meet place for you, it's just off jnct 1 of the M26, M26 is i think jnct 3 of the M20. If it help Jimbo and I will be coming down bluebell hill, we could meet you in the shell garage heading towards maidstone? Depends which way you come, but from the m2 you have to pass the shell garage.

9. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Lol, reckon the Oakdene is the best meet place for you, it's just off jnct 1 of the M26, M26 is i think jnct 3 of the M20. If it help Jimbo and I will be coming down bluebell hill, we could meet you in the shell garage heading towards maidstone? Depends which way you come, but from the m2 you have to pass the shell garage.

#89 Dave V, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  10. tucker

tucker Active Member

Cool sounds good to me just pm me a time mate jimbo has my number can always text me a time

11. Mel

Mel Active Member

Are we using a system of cornerman or anything, Lewis has offered to be tailgunner, as his will be the only white RSV4, and noticeable.

12. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Cornerman?

We just tend to do a bit of a drop off, keep the guy behind in the your mirrors and if any turn off etc happen then the lead waits for the whole group to catch up so they can see where we are going.

all else fails, just keep up!! ha ha

13. Mel

Mel Active Member

aha i can keep up fine, more worried about my licence through the villages etc as i dont know the other riders style, if i get points, i lose my job, its that simple :)
    the cornerman/tailgunner system means that you dont have to keep up if everyone else is happy to speed through the lower limits, nationals and speeding i have no problem with :)

*cough* not that i do or anything officer :D

14. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

I'll meet Dave etc at Shell garage Maidstone bound.Coming from Sittingbourne it is easier and more fun getting onto the M20.Anyone south of Sittingbourne is more than welcome to tag along.

15. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

30 and 40 zones are exactly that, nationals are every man (or woman) for themselves, 50 is a bit of a grey area.... lol

tbh with a big group, i tend to drop right down in lower limits to let the group close up again, have to play it by ear but it'll be fine...

16. Mel

Mel Active Member

Fair enough, needed to ask :) I suppose if you don't run an actual system, you cant be held responsible for losing anyone, lol

17. Only1Matrixxx

Only1Matrixxx Active Member

I am now tentative for this ride... Have to check why the coolant leaked out of my bike from reservoir area... Could be just the reservoir, but could be a busted or loose hose as well...

Trying to get a service done on 27th, in which case I will be on the ride out, but just letting you guys and gals know...

18. Only1Matrixxx

Only1Matrixxx Active Member

Yeah about this... I don't ride very high above limits... I certainly don't cross a ton on Motorways...

A system would be good, cuz if I get lost, the only thing i can do is turn on my tom tom and go home, cuz I will have NO idea where to catch up to...

19. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Never run a "formal system" but its never an issue... didnt quite get what you meant by cornerman though?

as long as every makes sure that the person behind sees where they are going then it should be simple enough... we will all bunch up and wait at major junctions etc..

#99 Jimbo Vills, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  20. tucker

tucker Active Member

This would be good for me sideways !