A change in career

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by RepsolRuss, Jan 30, 2015.

1. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

One of the main problems I have is a really bad back. I fractured L5 in a motorcycle accident in 07 and have been told by medical professionals I need to change my career as I'll probably end up crippling myself if I don't..

I'll keep the plastering business going, I just won't be on the tools as much. Iv got a couple of guys I'd be able to use to cover the bigger jobs I won't be interested in.

Thanks for the input guys

2. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

From what I have read it doesn't seem that you have much choice......status quo and you are at risk of crippling yourself.

I am teaching you to suck eggs as you already run your own business. Do your research properly. Make a "realistic" business plan, in fact make two. One with what you want to happen and how you are going to achieve it, the second based on worst case scenario and what you need to keep your head above water. Then talk to your bank about it, Ok you will have some spotty little geek who knows bugger all about life interviewing you but without the banks buy in you will be screwed if things don't run to plan. Also talk to your local citizens advice, they have business advisers who offer their services FOC. Normally retired old biffers but you will be amazed what little golden nuggets they come up with when you cant see the wood for the trees.

My ex wife started her own private practice and both the bank and the business advisers where invaluable in the early days until she got established.