accident advise please

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by fez.57, Sep 16, 2013.

1. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

If you don't report it straight away then insurances will become suspicious, and a decent body shop won't quote on the day mate, they will have the car a few days and strip it down too look for hidden damage. I would honestly protect yourself by going through insurance mate.

In 2007 my passat was rear ended when I was at a junction, it looked lik the bumper needed clipping on and a bit of paint. At worse case a new bumper.
    The body shop were shocked to find that the car was a write off as it was so messed underneath it had twisted even the spare wheel hole

Most importantly is he going to supply a hire car for the week or more it takes to repair it as this is all things his insurance would supply

2. Mike07

Mike07 Active Member

If you go down that route I would ask him to sign a 'his fault' statement, if he's a genuine guy it should be no problem..... I think we have to accept we still have some good guy's in the world. Even us jaundiced old cynics. Mike.

3. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Everything has been sorted today, a body shop quoted £715 and the guy has agreed to pay this and I get a hire car out of it as well. He has been down to the body shop and they have all his details and they are even going to use his van reg for all the repair details so there will be no accident history on my car and he can claim money back through his buisiness. I have been really lucky and as the body shop said I couldn't have had a better guy bump into me as he was happy to just go with what ever we wanted to do

• Like Like x 2
  4. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Glad it's all going smoothly mate

5. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

its not actually getting fixed untill early november due to up coming holiday / new baby but the car is fine to drive and it suits us better to wait a little and get it fixed when the time is right, it would appear on this occasion that being patient and not contacting my insurance company has really worked out in my favour, but i think i have been very lucky

6. hump333

hump333 Member

Fez the dvla will no your the new owner and the system sending out new v5 is shocking :eek: very slow. But your information will be on the computer

7. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

no i rang them up and they told me i wasnt the registered owner, so i had to fill in a v62 i think and send that off to sort it out

8. glynn

glynn Member

Good news. There are some decent folk out there in the minority.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

Fez,

The DVLA(possibly Royal Mail) lost my new keeper v5 log book for my previous bike, I waited for about 7 weeks n as I hadn't recieved the new v5 I just filled out the v62 or whatever it was n another few weeks and the v5 hit the door mat.

As mentioned tho the dvla information is not the important things that need to be tied to you it's the insurance policy thats important. The dvla thing is more of an issue when renewing tax but again there are forms for that too.

Hope you get everything looking as it was as soon as with as lil grief and issues!:)