Added a few parts to blade this weekend

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by dan.1moore1, May 22, 2011.

1. GSP

GSP Active Member

All you seem to be keen on doing is disagreeing... I believe it's called trolling. I thought school holidays started in a couple of weeks.

There's plenty of evidence out there about the benefits of a PCV, the flat spot is a well known fact too, it's there to see on dyno graphs programmed into the fueling map for noise and emission, like all bikes. A PCV with O2 eliminator gets rid of this, amongst other benefits, as demonstrated by happy blade owners over the world. Sure you mat not NEED one, but most people notice a good difference and are pleased with the benefits for such a small cost.

If you don't feel the need for one, don't get one... There's not really anything else to discuss.

2. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

The Blade was my first 1000 after riding 600's for 7 years and i noticed the flat spot first ride, first time i tried to gun it , it didn't !... it hesitated then went. I followed advice from forum members and now it pulls like a steam train. These guys have tried and tested and everyone reports the same results .

3. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

if you can fork out £600 for an arrow end can i cant see the problem in paying another £280 for a new PCV or £150 for a used one.

like dan.1moore1 says above the blade is my first thou also after riding 600s and 750's.

my first thought was the same. at low rpm the blade couldnt pull my foreskin back where a k5 gixer though would be pulling your arms off.

its all due to new regulations which reuin new bikes but can easily be got around by spending a few quid and unlocking the engine to how it was intended to run.

every bike i have owned i have fitted a power commander and either a system or just a slip on and i wouldnt do it if i didnt think it was going to make a difference.

4. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

lmao

5. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

If thats how its seems it was not my intended purpose and I apologise. I thought discussion involved exchanging information and points of view not nodding my heading agreeing with everthing and for the record I thanked people for any helpful information they offered me.

Here's a novel idea if you don't like what you read on discussion forums on the WORLD wide web ignore them, there's nothing personal in my comments and I m lost why you feel the need to get so bitter and make trival insults about what I wish to discuss after all the internet its hardly a private place.

To the people who have been friendly and helpful especially flatstickHRC cheers its been good to get some info from you sorry if it seemed argumentative it genuinely was not intended that way but some times it hards to get across you point in black and white with out seeming so.

Cheers again

6. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

Give one a go. I totally 100% believe you will find it money well spent and you will feel a big difference. I think the autotune is unecissary but the PCV and O2 is a definate worth while mod for the blade.

7. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

I m seriously considering it. I did'nt think there would be any improvement but I have found your comments very informative so just might consider one.

8. BladeHRC

BladeHRC Active Member

I am considering a PCV with O2 sensor eliminator as I had one (PCIII) fitted to my GSR600. It had crappy fuelling and the PC helped quite a bit but there was a known problem with the GSR fuelling that it just couldnt cure... Anyway... I digress!

Just wandering if you guys are fitting just the end can, de-cat, full system or what? Havent really seen an end can that I like the look of on the Blade yet tbh. Its between the Akra, Yoshi & Arrow so far.

9. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Either or mate, From what i have researched , Aparently the stck headers are ment to be good so alot of people just put an end can on as that decats the bike and gives the majoraty of the gain in power, However iv senn full systems for a couple of hundred more than a slip on so depending on budget is it worth just diving right in and getting a full system.

Personally the blade is alot of bike for me and i was mainly looking for more noise.

I found this make of exhaust last week that come in 2 options, Never seen 1 on a blade before , What do you think ?

HONDA CBR1000RR FIREBLADE SLIP-ON EXHAUST AUSTIN RACING on eBay (end time 01-Jul-11 22:27:18 BST)

Personally i like the 2nd option, It looks like a Racefit Growler. I love the Moto GP replica cans

10. BladeHRC

BladeHRC Active Member

Look good! Doesnt say if they are road legal though, so I would assume they're not!? What makes a can road legal anyway? Is it the noise or does it need a BS kite mark or something??!

11. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

It's the opinion of an MOT tester that the cops send you too if they think it's too loud. No decibel limit as far as I know. BS mark not essential , but it helps. Big no no is "Not For Road Use" or "Race Use Only" If your can is too loud, fit a dB killer or baffle. If it sounds crap with this in, gimme a shout and I'll make you a straight through baffle that will still sound nice?