Advice needed Blade rr8 to present

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by slowr1der, May 4, 2011.

1. Meaty Beetie

Meaty Beetie Active Member

Hi slowr1der,

Would it be worth checking the paper work to see if there are any receipts for the spray job?

2. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Thanks mate, I went one better than that today mate i phoned Bournemouth Honda who originally supplied the bike and the guy i spoke to in sales remembered the bike very well......it transpires it was their show bike and the paintwork was done by Dream Machine. He also told me the guy they sold the bike to was a very polite customer and they were surprised it was back on the market so soon. This has put me far more at ease now and i shall go ahead with the sale.

3. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Great news. Always good to know it's had a decent 1st owner.

4. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Active Member

Aye - another tip is to always go over demo bikes with a fine tooth comb - its not uncommon for them to have been horrendously crashed and repaired whilst bending around the CAT regulations of insurance by only declaring damage up to the point they know it will become a CAT.

Normally pre reg vehicles with less than 10-20miles on are not worth worrying about but I always like to look for even the slightest scratch on the frame/swingarm, something the dealer would never bother repairing if it was very minor but a tell tale sign that the bike might have had more damage - its hard/uneconomical to repair frame/swingarm damage and it also runs the risk of making it more noticeable.

5. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Active Member

In reply to that bike, Bol D'Or bikes had Akra's thrown in for free by Aprilia, also they are R variants so Ohlins front, Showa/Sachs rear - I forget now but I think Sachs. You can haggle a lot on the R spec Milles now the RSV4 is out, Aprilia's depreciate horrendously so bargain hard. For Mille's 10,000 miles is a bit high at 6k also check if its hard its third service which is due around that mileage which is another 250-350 depending on the dealer you go to. I think the Ohlins also need looking at around that mileage . . .