Another year another op

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Remal, Nov 6, 2013.

1. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

oh wicked cracking news buddy good luck with the op

• Like Like x 1
  2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

cheers bud but going to cost me. but in the end it's that or 6 months until I get it done and your eyes are important
    Plus it saves me knocking into stuff on my right side lol

3. just_me _and _me _bike

Good luck with the op dude, that dates come round real quick.

Your eyes will b in fab order come next summers racing round on the blade :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Good news Remal , pleased for you. One of my 88 year old customers had one eye done one week and the other done two weeks later and she was amazed at how well it went. She had been dreading it but said it was nowhere near as bad as she had imagined. She said her eye was a little sore for a couple of days and then fine.

Glad your getting it sorted and let's hope next year will be a better one.

5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

thats one of my worry's. I'm not 88 and why the last few years have pee'ed me off with 1 op after another. if you get me

but at least it's will be a huge improvement after I get it done and ready for a good warm and dry 2014 :)

6. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

Great news ... thats only a few weeks to wait .... good luck with it :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. rewy..rr

rewy..rr Active Member

Fingers crossed that all goes well, good luck, sure all will be fine

• Like Like x 1
  8. steve b

steve b Active Member

aint been on ere much lately mat as have been mega busy so ave only just caught up with this thread.
    im sorry to read that youre having a bad time of it at the mo I hope all goes well with youre op and that you make a speedy recovery
    take care mate steve

• Like Like x 1
  9. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

right seen the Surgeon last Friday. had to have a few test, 1 which they could not do which was looking at the back of my eye through the Cateract. But as it's that bad I have to have this done just before my op nwext friday as the one in the Bristol eye Hospital is very powerful. they need to do this to be able to know what lens I need implanted.

When the Surgeon checked my left eye he said yes I do have one in that eye, and he's 99% positive I will be blind in the let eye come Easter. So not been a happy bunny of late. See what i did there. Bunny easter [​IMG]

My concern is if I had to wait for 6 months from the NHS would they let a 36 YO, main income earner, in a Job that requires a manager by law for the job I do GO blind by waiting? :(

So I will be able to see really well after next Friday but will need another op in the new year

Well all this shit but at least I will be able to see better than I have had for years from next Spring

10. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Strange to say but another year another Op but i'm looking forward to this one.

Went to see my surgeon last Saturday. To check the progress of my eye op I had in Dec. results are perfect distance eye sight and the need for glasses to read. I knew this would be the case.

The Surgeon checked my other eye and said it was bad enough to remove the cataract. thank god for that

So yes 2014 and another op. would be 5 in the past 6 years (Leg ops, Hips etc..) but looking forward to having 2 eye's that both can see distance. At the moment I am long signed in 1 and short in the other)

So result. I need to book myself in for mid feb. Half a day at the Bristol eye hospital. 24 hours with a patch ( Eye eye captain) and 20mins of discomfort and pain then 2 workign eyes better than I have had for 25 + years

Sp Happy in the the end. strange that really.

11. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Once it's done, you'll really be able to appreciate the high regard in which we all hold you, Matt.

Untitled-1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  12. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

ken if you could make the focus about 3 times worse that was what my right eye was like
    scary

13. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Great news, hope all goes well.:)

• Like Like x 1
  14. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

I reckon my mates beer glasses are like that! I would naw my arm off rather than wake up some of the girls he has taken home

• Like Like x 1
  15. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I can understand your letting off steam, your sight is one of the most important senses one takes for granted, hope it works out mate!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Well hoping to book a date soon. Got loads on over the next few months so hoping nothing clashes

17. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Hope it all goes well and is sorted quickly, Matt. Hopefully then you can look forward to the the rest of 2014.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dee

Dee New Member

It's gonna be just better and better now bud :)
    Let me know when u gonna be in bristol and have some time maybe we could go for pint or two ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Sounds like a Plan Dee

20. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I have my other eye op this evening. not looking forward to it but being able to see better than I have for years is going to be great so worth it.

and glad the recovery time is quick so hoping by tomorrow or the end of the week both eyes will be sorted and vision improved.

then just have to wait 4 weeks for all the antibiotics to settle down and get a eye test and see what readers I need. I've not been wearing glasses for driving which is been great. Just need to get some new sunnys now for the log hot summer instead of my old prescription Oakley s