Biggest decision of my life

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ColinBR, Apr 19, 2013.

1. AshBlade

AshBlade Riding Goddess

ColinBR,Theres no such thing as a "wrong decision" Its just "A decision"... Go get um Dude... :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Colin all the best for your new job, we all hope you enjoy it more and are have a very successful future.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

For most companies read football clubs. There is no loyalty from many companies exactly the same as football players and club boards. The loyalty most workers give is paralleled by supporters, the only 2 constants, and often are never rewarded, just shafted.

Four years ago after 23 years in the same company often working 7 days a week, I was shafted, since then, I have contracted, set up my own business, totally had to retrain for it, worked 80 hours a week and after 2 years the recession did for that, and now am working for a small American Ma and Pa company here in London as 1 of just 2 UK employees, finally found someone who actually respects their employees and its fun to work again, I actually don't wake up with dread of having to go to work any more.

So good luck mate, you never know until you jump, but at least you will never be criticised for trying.

4. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

Life's too short to sit unappreciated and festering in a job that doesn't satisfy... I know, having just left a job and career of 12 years to go do something completely different. A few sleepless nights resulted but ultimately I now feel I made a brave and life-improving situation...... I'm sure you will feel the same too once you're settled in your new life.