Biker down + tyre question.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Muffking, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Nick_BladeRR

Nick_BladeRR Active Member

Sorry to hear your news buddy good call on the PR3's and if it's any concellation even my 2CT's were struggling for grip in the wet last night and they were plenty warm at the time as I was 25 miles into the ride. I've had a few offs myself so I know how you feel dude. Hope you feel better soon mate.

2. Mike07

Mike07 Active Member

Well one things for sure, if you ride a bike long enough It'll make a monkey of you. don't feel bad, it happens to everyone eventually, just one of the pleasures of being a Biker.
    Best wishes,
    Mike.

3. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

D212 are fine this time of year, they do prefer warm which is why I always use warmers on track
    I have used mine on road too but always taken it easy until they warm up
    I have ordered some new rubber for my next track days and will see what these well scrubbed in 212's are like on the road ;)

4. graemewalker

graemewalker Elite Member

Rich c is 100% correct the 212 s take time to get heat into to optimum temp where as I use super corsas which are brill straight out of the blocks as heat up instant the downside is you don't get much mileage out of them,I recently aquired a bike with sportsmart2 tyres on and they are brilliant and I have been told you can get 8k out of them have loads of confidence in them and no chicken strips on them from new straight away over I will post some pics tomorrow to prove ,smashing tyre

5. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Just like to add that I have put some new Dunlop D212 gp pro on my bike for my next track days and been using the well scubbed in Dunlop D212 for the road and they stick like glue just as on the track, great tyre :) just take it easy when they are cold but they soon warm up and then stick great, i wont be using them during the winter though, will put on some on M7's or PR4 for that :)