Black 2012 Fireblade Stolen! LG12 MYD

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Slim Ted, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Muffking

Muffking God Like

He was pointing roughly head on towards me and stopped me further up the road to take my details. No pictures on the laser gun, but he was in a video car if that makes any difference?

Just wondering if i should query the validity of the alleged offence as i was just plodding along with no idea of my speed. Or should i just Assume he is right and apologise by post hoping for the best?

2. navvy10

navvy10 Well-Known Member

They should send you a photo of the offence with the penalty notice and it should also include the certificate of calibration. If not then challenge it and ask for one. What were you clocked doing on what road (A,B) and what was the limit? I'm guessing its more than 15% or they would offer you the awareness course?

3. Muffking

Muffking God Like

How would they have a photograph though?
    He said i was doing 72 from a national speed limit dual carriageway to when it became a 40 limit, so basically 72 in a 40, but i had no idea.

4. navvy10

navvy10 Well-Known Member

Ok so he's providing a witness statement with his colleague that they saw you speeding and confirmed it with their handheld radar? Let me go ask about that one as I'm not sure what the process is. I'd prepare for the worst tho fella as it usually goes that way for us unfortunate souls

5. moab78

moab78 Active Member

You probably won't want to hear this; but when invited to court, I pleaded guilty and got five points and £330 fine including fees for a near identical offence but through a gatso (in a car) several years ago...

It was stupid, but I and many other cars sped through it daily (NSL limit just before) and I'd never seen it flash. Still don't ever recall seeing it flash...

6. Muffking

Muffking God Like

He was on his own.

It went like this. Im riding on a dual carriageway 'A' road and a marked X5 police car pulls me over. He's on his own but shows me a speed gun which just shows a load of numbers that mean nothing to me, I also notice a video camera in his windscreen and a monitor in the dashboard, but he doesn't make any reference to using it. He says I was doing 72 just as the speed limit reduced to 40. I give him my details and let him know that i didnt see a speed limit sign and dont know what speed i was doing. I'm then on my way after he confims that i am being reported for the offence and will be written to within 28 days.

Now i'm just joe public who doesn't know the score and would rather not just admit the offence as a matter of course unless I was actually speeding, which I don't know as I only have his word for it. Any info would be a great help.

#46 Muffking, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  7. moab78

moab78 Active Member

Sorry, but I don't know that anyone can advise you accurately - bar the bloke who actually stopped you. It depends on if they decide to prosecute and exactly what they try to prosecute you for.

A look on pepipoo may give you an idea (or make you sh** bricks even worse) but when I've done something stupid in the past, I eventually came to the conclusion that it was already done and worrying would not make it go away. On the lighter side, many moons ago a friend got stopped at 118 on the motorway and told that he would be contacted soon. He never was.